ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sprint's getting more money to buy the greatest

OP damedolla2

18th January 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #11  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,385

8,960 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmore

Sprint can "secure" all the funding in the world, but there's almost no chance in hell this anti-competitive merger will be allowed to happen.

That's what folks said about the American<>US Airways merger. There are now three network airlines in the U.S. Three wireless providers (VZW, AT&T, T-Mobile<>Sprint) of similar scale will do more for competition in the long run than two massive carriers and two without the resources to continue to invest to remain competitive. Capital investment is a percentage of GOP and neither Sprint or T-Mobile is generating enough profit because of their scale to every compete over the long haul with VZW and AT&T.
18th January 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #12  
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 80

990 posts
Donate to Me
More
As much as I despise Sprint, this makes more sense than the possibly ATT monopoly that could have happened.
18th January 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #13  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 167

1,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofshade

I used to be with Tmobile years ago before I switched to Sprint. It was one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I live in Orlando Florida and their 3G network here is absolutey horrible. Some places it works fine, others it takes 10 minutes to load a simple text only news article. The 4GLTE network is growing but it's spotty and definitely does not penetrate buildings well at all. I've had so many calls with their tech support and have heard countless lies and excuses. I pretty much have just been giving Sprint free money for the past couple years. They don't care. So I took advantage of the ETF program Tmobile has and went back. Now my phone actually works!! I have even convinced 6 other people to do the same and they are all happy with the savings and improved network. It seems that Sprint knows it may be passed up my Tmobile soon and instead of improving their service, they will just buy up their competition. I'm pretty sure it won't go through, at least I pray it won't.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

I live Orlando to and you're absolutely right Sprint service suck. I took the Tmobile offer and jumped and I was completely surprised with the speed I was getting and how far behind Sprint really is.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #14  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 205

1,336 posts
More
T-Mobile really can't catch a break can they? They are finally doing well and Sprint is so threatened. I just don't understand why the weaker struggling carrier is wanting to buy T-Mobile. If any of the T-Mobile executives support this or go through with this, I wish T-Mobile to go under. If T-Mobile stays far away from Sprint, then they will continue to be successful.

If a deal does go through, we can only hope its fails so T-Mobile again gets a nice break up fee.
21st January 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #15  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 453

861 posts
More
If it happens it happens. We can only hope they take the good things from each company and mesh them into one.

I do find it odd however that sprint has announced wifi calling as of late. I also left sprint for t mobile. I am impressed big time in the difference, and absolutely love the Wi-Fi calling feature.

However, if the 2 merge, you need to remember that frequencies will be doubled in coverage, not cut back.

Positives and negatives, but myself, I am just hoping T-Mobile gets the bands they want from Verizon, and get bigger and better.

Sent from any phone that isn't made by Apple.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread