Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint's getting more money to buy the greatest

Tip us?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmore View Post
Sprint can "secure" all the funding in the world, but there's almost no chance in hell this anti-competitive merger will be allowed to happen.
That's what folks said about the American<>US Airways merger. There are now three network airlines in the U.S. Three wireless providers (VZW, AT&T, T-Mobile<>Sprint) of similar scale will do more for competition in the long run than two massive carriers and two without the resources to continue to invest to remain competitive. Capital investment is a percentage of GOP and neither Sprint or T-Mobile is generating enough profit because of their scale to every compete over the long haul with VZW and AT&T.

papabear
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
As much as I despise Sprint, this makes more sense than the possibly ATT monopoly that could have happened.
I love it, when a plan comes together.
RTFM: Not just an acronym, it's the LAW!

cdsbj6508
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofshade View Post
I used to be with Tmobile years ago before I switched to Sprint. It was one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I live in Orlando Florida and their 3G network here is absolutey horrible. Some places it works fine, others it takes 10 minutes to load a simple text only news article. The 4GLTE network is growing but it's spotty and definitely does not penetrate buildings well at all. I've had so many calls with their tech support and have heard countless lies and excuses. I pretty much have just been giving Sprint free money for the past couple years. They don't care. So I took advantage of the ETF program Tmobile has and went back. Now my phone actually works!! I have even convinced 6 other people to do the same and they are all happy with the savings and improved network. It seems that Sprint knows it may be passed up my Tmobile soon and instead of improving their service, they will just buy up their competition. I'm pretty sure it won't go through, at least I pray it won't.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
I live Orlando to and you're absolutely right Sprint service suck. I took the Tmobile offer and jumped and I was completely surprised with the speed I was getting and how far behind Sprint really is.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 164
T-Mobile really can't catch a break can they? They are finally doing well and Sprint is so threatened. I just don't understand why the weaker struggling carrier is wanting to buy T-Mobile. If any of the T-Mobile executives support this or go through with this, I wish T-Mobile to go under. If T-Mobile stays far away from Sprint, then they will continue to be successful.

If a deal does go through, we can only hope its fails so T-Mobile again gets a nice break up fee.

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 438
If it happens it happens. We can only hope they take the good things from each company and mesh them into one.

I do find it odd however that sprint has announced wifi calling as of late. I also left sprint for t mobile. I am impressed big time in the difference, and absolutely love the Wi-Fi calling feature.

However, if the 2 merge, you need to remember that frequencies will be doubled in coverage, not cut back.

Positives and negatives, but myself, I am just hoping T-Mobile gets the bands they want from Verizon, and get bigger and better.

Sent from any phone that isn't made by Apple.