Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED][Q] Battery percentage disappear after every reboot?

Tip us?

boydzethuong
Old
(Last edited by boydzethuong; 21st January 2014 at 04:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [SOLVED][Q] Battery percentage disappear after every reboot?

All,

My battery level percentage always disappears after every reboot even though its checkbox is still ticked, I have to re-enable it in Settings -> Power Management -> re-tick Status bar information.

Is this a 4.3 bug? Or did I do something wrong?

My environment:

- C6903 14.2.A.0.290 pre-rooted following [NUT] tut here (sorry I am yet able to post URL)

Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2572988
- XZDualRecovery
- Xposed
- Greenify

Please advise. Let me know if you need any further information.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
After update did you do a factory reset? Even if this not help I will not be worry about it, out there still worse issues with Z1 than an icon.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydzethuong View Post
Is this a 4.3 bug? Or did I do something wrong?
Make sure you're not running anything through Xposed that messes with the status bar. That's be the first thing that I disabled. I don't have this problem on stock 290.
The Following User Says Thank You to xasbo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boydzethuong
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
After update did you do a factory reset? Even if this not help I will not be worry about it, out there still worse issues with Z1 than an icon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
Make sure you're not running anything through Xposed that messes with the status bar. That's be the first thing that I disabled. I don't have this problem on stock 290.
@eclyptos: Not a factory reset but I did clear cache + davik. Yes I know and I highly appreciate any helps
@xasbo: I firstly had Gravitybox installed then I found it too complex for my needs then I nandroided my device back. There is only 1 change I made after flashing NUT's prerooted ROM. It's about fixing my H+ icon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=972

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
@xasbo: I firstly had Gravitybox installed then I found it too complex for my needs then I nandroided my device back. There is only 1 change I made after flashing NUT's prerooted ROM. It's about fixing my H+ icon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=972
Any way to roll that back and see if it's the root cause? If you only have a nandroid to go back to, that changes too many things to be valid (unless going back that far is worth fixing the problem to you). You need a flashable uninstall package for that mod.

I once had this problem on a custom ROM on my SGS2, but I can't think of anything that would be in common here.
The Following User Says Thank You to xasbo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boydzethuong
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
Any way to roll that back and see if it's the root cause? If you only have a nandroid to go back to, that changes too many things to be valid (unless going back that far is worth fixing the problem to you). You need a flashable uninstall package for that mod.

I once had this problem on a custom ROM on my SGS2, but I can't think of anything that would be in common here.
Unfortunately I can't go back that far Do you think replacing SystemUI.apk might solve the problem? Or is there any other way to get it fixed? I know this is just a tiny problem but have it fixed would be perfect

Thanks for your help!

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't go back that far Do you think replacing SystemUI.apk might solve the problem? Or is there any other way to get it fixed? I know this is just a tiny problem but have it fixed would be perfect

Thanks for your help!
Unfortunately, I don't know much about Xposed or the package you flashed. Try reaching out to the relevant developer?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
@eclyptos: Not a factory reset but I did clear cache + davik.
I don't think it's the same.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

RealiableCandy4
Old
Thanks Meter 38
had the same problem it turns out that its gravity box's fault and if you uninstall it make sure both system setting a GB setting are exactly the same before you installed gravity box. To solve issue just install GB open it and Go > Statusbar tweaks > Battery settings > Tick Battery percentage text. Uninstall and see what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to RealiableCandy4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boydzethuong
Old
(Last edited by boydzethuong; 21st January 2014 at 04:17 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
I don't think it's the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiableCandy4 View Post
had the same problem it turns out that its gravity box's fault and if you uninstall it make sure both system setting a GB setting are exactly the same before you installed gravity box. To solve issue just install GB open it and Go > Statusbar tweaks > Battery settings > Tick Battery percentage text. Uninstall and see what happens.
@eclyptos: That all I could do
@RealiableCandy4: Tried but no luck

Thank you all for helping me anyway! I finally managed to build my own flashable zip ROM using [NUT]'s DIY Guide with Stock ROM 14.2.A.0.290 Central Europe 1276-4314_R1B. After flashing and restoring (data only), all the problems are just gone!! [NUT] is my life saver!!