Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[SOLVED][Q] Battery percentage disappear after every reboot?

OP boydzethuong

19th January 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

22 posts
All,

My battery level percentage always disappears after every reboot even though its checkbox is still ticked, I have to re-enable it in Settings -> Power Management -> re-tick Status bar information.

Is this a 4.3 bug? Or did I do something wrong?

My environment:

- C6903 14.2.A.0.290 pre-rooted following [NUT] tut here (sorry I am yet able to post URL)

Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2572988
- XZDualRecovery
- Xposed
- Greenify

Please advise. Let me know if you need any further information.
Last edited by boydzethuong; 21st January 2014 at 05:22 PM.
19th January 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #2  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
After update did you do a factory reset? Even if this not help I will not be worry about it, out there still worse issues with Z1 than an icon.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 46

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydzethuong

Is this a 4.3 bug? Or did I do something wrong?

Make sure you're not running anything through Xposed that messes with the status bar. That's be the first thing that I disabled. I don't have this problem on stock 290.
The Following User Says Thank You to xasbo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

After update did you do a factory reset? Even if this not help I will not be worry about it, out there still worse issues with Z1 than an icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo

Make sure you're not running anything through Xposed that messes with the status bar. That's be the first thing that I disabled. I don't have this problem on stock 290.

@eclyptos: Not a factory reset but I did clear cache + davik. Yes I know and I highly appreciate any helps
@xasbo: I firstly had Gravitybox installed then I found it too complex for my needs then I nandroided my device back. There is only 1 change I made after flashing NUT's prerooted ROM. It's about fixing my H+ icon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=972
20th January 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #5  

259 posts
More
Quote:

@xasbo: I firstly had Gravitybox installed then I found it too complex for my needs then I nandroided my device back. There is only 1 change I made after flashing NUT's prerooted ROM. It's about fixing my H+ icon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=972

Any way to roll that back and see if it's the root cause? If you only have a nandroid to go back to, that changes too many things to be valid (unless going back that far is worth fixing the problem to you). You need a flashable uninstall package for that mod.

I once had this problem on a custom ROM on my SGS2, but I can't think of anything that would be in common here.
The Following User Says Thank You to xasbo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo

Any way to roll that back and see if it's the root cause? If you only have a nandroid to go back to, that changes too many things to be valid (unless going back that far is worth fixing the problem to you). You need a flashable uninstall package for that mod.

I once had this problem on a custom ROM on my SGS2, but I can't think of anything that would be in common here.

Unfortunately I can't go back that far Do you think replacing SystemUI.apk might solve the problem? Or is there any other way to get it fixed? I know this is just a tiny problem but have it fixed would be perfect

Thanks for your help!
20th January 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #7  

259 posts
More
Quote:

Unfortunately I can't go back that far Do you think replacing SystemUI.apk might solve the problem? Or is there any other way to get it fixed? I know this is just a tiny problem but have it fixed would be perfect

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Xposed or the package you flashed. Try reaching out to the relevant developer?
20th January 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #8  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
Quote:

@eclyptos: Not a factory reset but I did clear cache + davik.

I don't think it's the same.
20th January 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 84

184 posts
had the same problem it turns out that its gravity box's fault and if you uninstall it make sure both system setting a GB setting are exactly the same before you installed gravity box. To solve issue just install GB open it and Go > Statusbar tweaks > Battery settings > Tick Battery percentage text. Uninstall and see what happens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

I don't think it's the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiableCandy4

had the same problem it turns out that its gravity box's fault and if you uninstall it make sure both system setting a GB setting are exactly the same before you installed gravity box. To solve issue just install GB open it and Go > Statusbar tweaks > Battery settings > Tick Battery percentage text. Uninstall and see what happens.

@eclyptos: That all I could do
@RealiableCandy4: Tried but no luck

Thank you all for helping me anyway! I finally managed to build my own flashable zip ROM using [NUT]'s DIY Guide with Stock ROM 14.2.A.0.290 Central Europe 1276-4314_R1B. After flashing and restoring (data only), all the problems are just gone!! [NUT] is my life saver!!
Last edited by boydzethuong; 21st January 2014 at 05:17 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread