XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS lock on stock

Tip us?

cterrell16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS lock on stock

I got a new note 3 a month ago. Finally Tested out the gps when I went on vacation. The gps could not always lock. It was loose GPS signal every 10 min also. It would tell me to u turn and get off the highway routinely because it thought I was on the wrong street or going backwards. Really frustrating when going long distance. Since it's stock is there a fix. I've tried a few apps. GPS fix, gps status, etc. any options out their that might actually work.

jlear3
Old
(Last edited by jlear3; 3rd December 2013 at 12:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 476
When using the gps apps are you getting locks? How many satellites are you seeing? have you tried clearing agps?

cterrell16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I turned on the GPS status app. I can get a lock on two out if 19 after 2 min. Waited 5 and it didn't improve. The maps app locked good on my position however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlear3 View Post
When using the gps apps are you getting locks? How many satellites are you seeing? have you tried clearing agps?

jlear3
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Did you try to clear the agps data? May help

cterrell16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I cleared it and tested. Then downloaded and tested. Reset all setting and tested. Reset phone and tested. Still only to get 2 sats but not a full lock.

Any other suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlear3 View Post
Did you try to clear the agps data? May help

thefugugitive87
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterrell16 View Post
The gps could not always lock. It was loose GPS signal every 10 min also. It would tell me to u turn and get off the highway routinely because it thought I was on the wrong street or going backwards.
I have the exact same symptoms. When setting up navigation of a trip it will take forever to lock on and after it does it is very slow to update position. Many of the updates to my position are in correct putting me just off the highway on a side street. Sometimes it will have me driving reverse to the direction of my arrow.

cterrell16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I actually uninstalled my weather app and the issue was corrected to a degree. It's not perfect but it does help.

QUOTE=thefugugitive87;49634961]I have the exact same symptoms. When setting up navigation of a trip it will take forever to lock on and after it does it is very slow to update position. Many of the updates to my position are in correct putting me just off the highway on a side street. Sometimes it will have me driving reverse to the direction of my arrow.[/QUOTE]