[Q] Help for my Mytouch 4G

21st January 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

105 posts
i have two mytouch 4g,
my first problem is :::ne mytouch 4g is stuck on mytouch screen but able to go in bootloader and fastboot but when i use PD15IMG.zip it stuck on updating (bootloader) and not doing anything then this.
it is S-on and computer detect it easily
so help me for this:confu sed:

second phone is S-off with 2.3.4 but not rooted, so i want to know how to update it and it is not rooted so also not have any custom recovery but it is S-off.

is it necessary to downgrade as it is already S-OFF????

so help me form my both problems.
21st January 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 24

75 posts
More
Not an expert by any means, but here's what I would probably look into (assuming these are probably used ebay phones or repair phones that you don't know the history):
Phone 1 (s=on and stuck at bootloader): Check that the PD15IMG.zip file you are using is stock unrooted 2.3.4. I'd assume the phone was stock first, then try different stock PD15IMG.zip versions (ie. 2.2) in the off chance it had been downgraded before getting stuck in the bootloader. If the bootloader is giving you any specific errors when trying to flash the PD15IMG, post them here and maybe someone can interpret them. Also, you might check if your bootloader is unlocked, because it might be an htcdev unlocked phone with s=on. In that case, someone might have tried to flash a ROM without flashing the corresponding boot.img for it.
Phone 2 (s=off no root): Can't you flash a custom recovery through fastboot, or through a PD15IMG.zip file, then flash a rooted ROM through the new recovery?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread