Ask a question

No registration required

WiFi does not restarting after sleep

OP ETM

20th January 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have been impressed with CM11/4.4.2. Runs well for being so new and not yet having an officially 'stable' version yet.

The one issue I have had is with the WiFi restarting after sleep.

KeepWifiOnDuringSleep is set to OnlyWhenPluggedIn. Whenever the tablet is awoken the WiFi stays disabled. Manually turning it off then on again will get it to reconnect but only for a short time, maybe a minute, before it permanently disables again. Only way to fully recover is to reboot.

Note that WiFi is be reported to be 'disabled'. It does not appear to be an issue of connectivity, wireless lease, no signal...

Anybody else experiencing this?
20th January 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Canmore, AB
Thanks Meter: 84

259 posts
More
I successfully use an app called WiFi Fixer to reconnect after sleep.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htod.wififixer

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #3  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 31

151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM

I have been impressed with CM11/4.4.2. Runs well for being so new and not yet having an officially 'stable' version yet.

The one issue I have had is with the WiFi restarting after sleep.

KeepWifiOnDuringSleep is set to OnlyWhenPluggedIn. Whenever the tablet is awoken the WiFi stays disabled. Manually turning it off then on again will get it to reconnect but only for a short time, maybe a minute, before it permanently disables again. Only way to fully recover is to reboot.

Note that WiFi is be reported to be 'disabled'. It does not appear to be an issue of connectivity, wireless lease, no signal...

Anybody else experiencing this?

That's been an on-and-off issue for ROMS going back to CM7. The work around has been to turn off WiFi before the screen turns off. Many folks have been using AutomateIt or Tasker to handle this automatically.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread