XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi does not restarting after sleep

Tip us?

ETM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default WiFi does not restarting after sleep

I have been impressed with CM11/4.4.2. Runs well for being so new and not yet having an officially 'stable' version yet.

The one issue I have had is with the WiFi restarting after sleep.

KeepWifiOnDuringSleep is set to OnlyWhenPluggedIn. Whenever the tablet is awoken the WiFi stays disabled. Manually turning it off then on again will get it to reconnect but only for a short time, maybe a minute, before it permanently disables again. Only way to fully recover is to reboot.

Note that WiFi is be reported to be 'disabled'. It does not appear to be an issue of connectivity, wireless lease, no signal...

Anybody else experiencing this?

rete
Old
Thanks Meter 84
I successfully use an app called WiFi Fixer to reconnect after sleep.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htod.wififixer

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
Tablets:
Nook Tablet (CM11 Kit Kat nightly)
iPad 3

Phones:
Blackberry Z10 (OS 10.2.1)
Google Nexus 4 (AOSP Kit Kat)
Samsung Galaxy SII (CM11 Kit Kat) ~ Backup phone

spcagigas
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I have been impressed with CM11/4.4.2. Runs well for being so new and not yet having an officially 'stable' version yet.

The one issue I have had is with the WiFi restarting after sleep.

KeepWifiOnDuringSleep is set to OnlyWhenPluggedIn. Whenever the tablet is awoken the WiFi stays disabled. Manually turning it off then on again will get it to reconnect but only for a short time, maybe a minute, before it permanently disables again. Only way to fully recover is to reboot.

Note that WiFi is be reported to be 'disabled'. It does not appear to be an issue of connectivity, wireless lease, no signal...

Anybody else experiencing this?
That's been an on-and-off issue for ROMS going back to CM7. The work around has been to turn off WiFi before the screen turns off. Many folks have been using AutomateIt or Tasker to handle this automatically.