Black screen after latest update

Tip us?

mgrider2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Black screen after latest update

Hello all

On friday an update was pushed to my wife's OG Razr. Her phone was rooted and she installed the update. The update downloaded, rebooted and began applying in recovery. She then got the Red Exclamation Triangle and the phone aborted the update and rebooted.

Now the phone loads and shows the red Motorola logo, but after that it is a complete black screen (you can here the razr boot animation in the background).

1. She went to verizon already and they sent her a moto X as a replacement. I need to send the phone back to verizon but of course I'm sure they can tell it's rooted and F'd up. I went into recovery and did a factory reset / clear cache, etc, but this won't clear out the root access right??

2. If it doesn't clear out the root, then I need to get this thing running again so i can revert it back to normal. How do I do that and where do I get the proper tools to do it? I have never used rsd or flashed anything other than side loading updates.

Sorry for the long post, but I need some help and don't want to get a verizon bill for the full price of a moto x !!!

Matt

Dwillian
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I think you need to use Matt's utility ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467 ) to reflash back to stock.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk