Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nook Color OS to Nook Hd OS

Tip us?

klesley77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nook Color OS to Nook Hd OS

Currently I have a Nook Color. I am running CM9. What I am looking for is a mod to make it the Nook HD interface. I am not very impressed with the 1.4.3 stock interface, but I was very impressed with the B&N stock interface on the Nook HD. How can I go about getting this on my Nook Color?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sagirfahmid3
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by klesley77 View Post
Currently I have a Nook Color. I am running CM9. What I am looking for is a mod to make it the Nook HD interface. I am not very impressed with the 1.4.3 stock interface, but I was very impressed with the B&N stock interface on the Nook HD. How can I go about getting this on my Nook Color?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can't. Not unless B&N releases the source code (aka "recipe") for that interface.
There is also going to be work needed to port the HD's interface to the Nook Color, a VERY old device. Devs don't have time for this. There are much more important things that are being worked on (ex: USB OTG) to pay attention to the UI.
Nook Color running CM7 Mirage, no gapps, Nook Tweaks app @ 1.3GHz (+500MHz past stock 0.8GHz)
Nook Tablet running CM10.1.3, no gapps, BexusNv4 kernel @ 1.3GHz (+300MHz x2 past stock 1GHz)
SGS2 T-Mobile (unlocked) running HellyBean 4.2.2, no gapps, @ 1.72GHz (+~200MHz x2 past stock 1.51GHz)

klesley77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagirfahmid3 View Post
You can't. Not unless B&N releases the source code (aka "recipe") for that interface.
There is also going to be work needed to port the HD's interface to the Nook Color, a VERY old device. Devs don't have time for this. There are much more important things that are being worked on (ex: USB OTG) to pay attention to the UI.
Thank you.

So is there an app that can mimic the carousel?

andtron
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Why don't you use the CM10.1.3.2 or the latest CM10.2?

I don't see there is any different interface between the HD or Color, it depends on the different versions of Android.