Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Boot Animation Question

Tip us?

beeewell
Old
(Last edited by beeewell; 21st January 2014 at 06:31 PM.) Reason: adding info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Thumbs up [SOLVED] Boot Animation Question

In general, will disabling boot animation result in faster boot up? If so, I'm using BeanStalk with Nova Launcher (and LOVING it - Thanks Meticulus). Would I delete (or move to another location to put it back) the /system/media/bootanimation.zip file to do it? Or is there a more user friendly way of disabling it? I did look around and couldn't find a setting that would do it. Thanks in advance

Meticulus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,722

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeewell View Post
In general, will disabling boot animation result in faster boot up? If so, I'm using BeanStalk with Nova Launcher (and LOVING it - Thanks Meticulus). Would I delete (or move to another location to put it back) the /system/media/bootanimation.zip file to do it? Or is there a more user friendly way of disabling it? I did look around and couldn't find a setting that would do it. Thanks in advance
Afaik, In general, yes you will get a faster boot up by disabling the bootanimation. You can rename it, move it or delete it to disable it. The stock "Android" boot animation should play...
  • Simply because "A" precedes "B" doesn't necessarily mean that "A" caused "B"
  • Let's work the problem people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.
  • I don't care about what anything was DESIGNED to do, I care about what it CAN do.

Development Projects @ meticulus.co.vu
Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy Exhibit / Ace 2e
Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy Player 5
Carbon ROM for Hisense Sero 7 Pro
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beeewell
Old
(Last edited by beeewell; 22nd January 2014 at 09:59 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Bootanimation.Zip

Thanks for your reply Meticulus...

I use ES File Explorer, and tried moving, renaming, and deleting that file, but it won't let me. I looked at its properties, and it shows that I have read & write access to it.

Meticulus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,722

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeewell View Post
Thanks for your reply Meticulus...

I use ES File Explorer, and tried moving, renaming, and deleting that file, but it won't let me. I looked at its properties, and it shows that I have I have read & write access to it.
This is the same issue that plagues build.prop editing and, Viper4Android. It's remounting /system read/write. You should be able to "adb root" then "adb remount" ...
  • Simply because "A" precedes "B" doesn't necessarily mean that "A" caused "B"
  • Let's work the problem people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.
  • I don't care about what anything was DESIGNED to do, I care about what it CAN do.

Development Projects @ meticulus.co.vu
Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy Exhibit / Ace 2e
Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy Player 5
Carbon ROM for Hisense Sero 7 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]