Ask a question

No registration required

[SOLVED] Boot Animation Question

OP beeewell

20th January 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 33

88 posts
In general, will disabling boot animation result in faster boot up? If so, I'm using BeanStalk with Nova Launcher (and LOVING it - Thanks Meticulus). Would I delete (or move to another location to put it back) the /system/media/bootanimation.zip file to do it? Or is there a more user friendly way of disabling it? I did look around and couldn't find a setting that would do it. Thanks in advance
Last edited by beeewell; 21st January 2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: adding info
21st January 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 2,084

1,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeewell

In general, will disabling boot animation result in faster boot up? If so, I'm using BeanStalk with Nova Launcher (and LOVING it - Thanks Meticulus). Would I delete (or move to another location to put it back) the /system/media/bootanimation.zip file to do it? Or is there a more user friendly way of disabling it? I did look around and couldn't find a setting that would do it. Thanks in advance

Afaik, In general, yes you will get a faster boot up by disabling the bootanimation. You can rename it, move it or delete it to disable it. The stock "Android" boot animation should play...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 33

88 posts
Bootanimation.Zip
Thanks for your reply Meticulus...

I use ES File Explorer, and tried moving, renaming, and deleting that file, but it won't let me. I looked at its properties, and it shows that I have read & write access to it.
Last edited by beeewell; 22nd January 2014 at 10:59 PM.
21st January 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 2,084

1,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeewell

Thanks for your reply Meticulus...

I use ES File Explorer, and tried moving, renaming, and deleting that file, but it won't let me. I looked at its properties, and it shows that I have I have read & write access to it.

This is the same issue that plagues build.prop editing and, Viper4Android. It's remounting /system read/write. You should be able to "adb root" then "adb remount" ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread