5,595,964 Members 31,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Install files in recovery mode without volume buttons?

Tip us?

dr_blob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Install files in recovery mode without volume buttons?

Hello, thanks in advance for any suggestion you may have.

I bought a stupid Logicom TAB752 tablet (don't do that) and I'm trying to root it (just to install Google Play which is not there).

I would try the Crystal Root (it seems to be an aml8726-mx or similar platform, with JB 4.1.1) but the tablet has no volume buttons!
So I'm not able to navigate the menu to apply the zip file, within the recovery mode.

Any suggestion?
I was not able to find a clear solution already available in the forum. Someone is suggesting to install CWM recovery, but I understood I would need root access to install it?

Any other possibility to get root access on this kind of (chinese) tablet?

Thanks again

ashiekg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default pufindu expressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_blob View Post
Hello, thanks in advance for any suggestion you may have.

I bought a stupid Logicom TAB752 tablet (don't do that) and I'm trying to root it (just to install Google Play which is not there).

I would try the Crystal Root (it seems to be an aml8726-mx or similar platform, with JB 4.1.1) but the tablet has no volume buttons!
So I'm not able to navigate the menu to apply the zip file, within the recovery mode.

Any suggestion?
I was not able to find a clear solution already available in the forum. Someone is suggesting to install CWM recovery, but I understood I would need root access to install it?

Any other possibility to get root access on this kind of (chinese) tablet?

Thanks again
Have you tried Cydia Impactor?

dr_blob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiekg View Post
Have you tried Cydia Impactor?
Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

After trying many many root procedures without any success, I've been now able to install "su.apk" by Cydia Impactor

The Google Play is not working yet (closes immediately after opening) but I think I can still try something (I understood I should try a fab reset and reinstall of all the Google apps from gapps....)