[Q] Moto G Display Sunlight Legibility

OP satheesh.a

20th January 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrevios

With the minimum bright, you can't see, you maybe force you eyes. But if you let in automatic brightness the manager of energy of the Moto G is very efficient my battery lasts me all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivectmob

Well, I would imagine at minimum it wouldn't be great. Like most other modern phones. I will try again next time I venture out..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungAdmire

I've tried it before, it's easy to read in the sunlight.

Thanks for the reply guys!!

I'll try to get my hands on the Moto G when available in my country.
I think it'll be good in outdoors. I like this phone because of great value for money
It seems Moto G does have a very good loudspeaker performance.
20th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 96

319 posts
Haven't tested it in sunlight because I live in London where it rains 90% of the time.

Sigh...

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
20th January 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 25

21 posts
I've used it here, in Brazil, outside, under direct summer sunlight. It's easily readable from about 50% brightness upwards.
20th January 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 356

235 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglebungle

Haven't tested it in sunlight because I live in London where it rains 90% of the time.

In January, even if it was sunny in London it wouldn't be the "strong, direct sun light" that the OP is asking about, get yourself to the Caribbean and test it there!
20th January 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 96

319 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bon3

In January, even if it was sunny in London it wouldn't be the "strong, direct sun light" that the OP is asking about, get yourself to the Caribbean and test it there!

You can't cater for everyone I suppose.. There has to be some flaws ... Suppose I'm lucky not having the sun they have in the caribbean it allows me to see my phone perfectly.

21st January 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

43 posts
Quote:

Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluKed

I've used it here, in Brazil, outside, under direct summer sunlight. It's easily readable from about 50% brightness upwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bon3

Quote:

You can't cater for everyone I suppose.. There has to be some flaws ... Suppose I'm lucky not having the sun they have in the caribbean it allows me to see my phone perfectly.

Thanks for the response guys.

I work in a start-up company so it requires frequent local travel. I rely on the GPS to find the route. I have a 4 year old Nokia N79 and it gives only 2hr battery endurance(It has truck load of other problems like, dead wifi, using 3G will restart the phone, Gallery no longer opens.. etc) So i use it only for Navigation and I use a nokia 1203 for calls and messages.

I tried my friend's Xperia L and Motorola Flipout(Imported!), To my surprise both of them were virtually useless in direct sunlight except as mirrors to adjust my hair

Moto G caught my eye because of its excellent speaker loudness(again useful in city traffic where i live) and value for money. I hope it gives me 12 hrs of battery endurance with 2-3 hrs of navigation and an hour worth of calls and messages.

I was thinking to have a hands-on before buying to check sunlight legibility.Unfortunately, it seems motorola is not going to release moto g in offline stores in india.

If i buy it,I intend to keep it for 3-4 years because i'm going to shell out my one month salary.
The Following User Says Thank You to satheesh.a For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satheesh.a

I work in a start-up company so it requires frequent local travel. I rely on the GPS to find the route. I have a 4 year old Nokia N79 and it gives only 2hr battery endurance(It has truck load of other problems like, dead wifi, using 3G will restart the phone, Gallery no longer opens.. etc) So i use it only for Navigation and I use a nokia 1203 for calls and messages.

I tried my friend's Xperia L and Motorola Flipout(Imported!), To my surprise both of them were virtually useless in direct sunlight except as mirrors to adjust my hair

Moto G caught my eye because of its excellent speaker loudness(again useful in city traffic where i live) and value for money. I hope it gives me 12 hrs of battery endurance with 2-3 hrs of navigation and an hour worth of calls and messages.

I was thinking to have a hands-on before buying to check sunlight legibility.Unfortunately, it seems motorola is not going to release moto g in offline stores in india.

If i buy it,I intend to keep it for 3-4 years because i'm going to shell out my one month salary.

hi, I live in the deep south of Spain so we have harsh bright sunlight. The Moto G was not readable in direct sunlight. My friend who has a Nokia 920 joked that I forgot to put in on as his was perfectly readable.

I noticed the automatic brightness doesn't go high enough so I tested it with 100% (and 90% which looks identical). Definite improvement, but a little shade from your hand or turning the display away from the direct sunlight are needed.

Still not as good as the 920 but that has to do with reflection management. Overall I find it perfectly usable now that I installed Lux Lite which stores a custom profile to adjust automatically to the levels I actually need. Battery life is still about 6,5 hour screen so very good compared to other phones.

Hopes this helps.
21st January 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #18  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 504

874 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satheesh.a

Moto g is made for you ....
Its perfect for you

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread