Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One Screen Problem

Tip us?

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by anibjoshi View Post
The original device shipped with sense Rom. I flashed GPE to check if it was a software fault. But no luck. It gave the same problem although significantly later(about a week after I flashed it).
One more thing, I hope this gives some more information..
One time, I had rooted the device and installed a custom recovery. The phone was then working perfectly for about 4-5 days. and then later when I went ahead and unrooted the device, it immediately started giving problems. So I rooted it again hoping that the problem will go away, but no luck...the problem persisted. So, I had no option than to factory reset again, at which point it started working perfectly again.

This is all so bizarre, I have never seen something like this happen
This is just a theory, but is it possible that there is a problem with the hardware which gets triggered only on certain conditions, like some interrupt, or flag or something like that?
So until those conditions are not met, the device runs perfectly, and when they are, it starts giving issues.
Thats all i can think of as the reason.
That is very stange indeed. As I don't know any other causes for this error than:
  1. Underclocked CPU or/and GPU on screen off
  2. Root application that controls the brightness
  3. Hardware issue(But what would cause this???)

I can only advice you:
Since you are S OFF, take a RUU, and follow this guide and ****ing set back your device back to stock! Don't root it! Don't use custom kernels. Don't install any strange apps that may control your display brightness. SERIOUSLY! Don't install an app that controls brighness even if it works on a friends phone! Just don't!
And if you still get this issue: It is a hardware issue! If you followed step by step the instruction and if you did everything I told you to do, it HAS to be a hardware issue! The fact that the error didn't appear on GPE that fast is caused by the lower performance requierement by GPE! So I seriously have doubt that this issue is caused by a hardware defect. But it isn't impossible for sure. I just have the impression that you changed some system files and you didn't know what you were doing. This is NOT against you, but it seems to be a reasonable possibility because a factory doens't reset the /system partiton.

P.S.
I'd be very kind if you hit the thanks button since we, the community, are really trying to help you.
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jvov
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post
That is very stange indeed. As I don't know any other causes for this error than:

I can only advice you:
Since you are S OFF, take a RUU, and follow this guide and ****ing set back your device back to stock! Don't root it! Don't use custom kernels. Don't install any strange apps that may control your display brightness. SERIOUSLY! Don't install an app that controls brighness even if it works on a friends phone! Just don't!
And if you still get this issue: It is a hardware issue! If you followed step by step the instruction and if you did everything I told you to do, it HAS to be a hardware issue! The fact that the error didn't appear on GPE that fast is caused by the lower performance requierement by GPE! So I seriously have doubt that this issue is caused by a hardware defect. But it isn't impossible for sure. I just have the impression that you changed some system files and you didn't know what you were doing. This is NOT against you, but it seems to be a reasonable possibility because a factory doens't reset the /system partiton.

P.S.
I'd be very kind if you hit the thanks button since we, the community, are really trying to help you.
Agreed, trying following the guide and if it doesn't work make it s-on and send it to HTC for them to give a look.

Sent from my HTC One
If you want me to reply to you, make sure to Quote me or use @Jvov otherwise I will not be able to see your comment!

Donate if you can and if I was helpful! http://goo.gl/QfJpW9
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jvov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anibjoshi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post

I can only advice you:

P.S.
I will definitely follow your guide and try to troubleshoot the problem. I hope its not some hardware defect and I dont have to send the device to HTC. I've heard those guys are poor at customer service

Thanks a lot, you've been a great help!
Btw, I was trying to find that Thanks button since the first day, I just couldn't figure out where it was. I just did.
Thanks again

khandelwalsiddharth
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Yup try installing kernel and custom rom.
Remove the case and try ( i know this is stupid thing but can give it a try) :P
PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED YOU!

anibjoshi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvov View Post
Agreed, trying following the guide and if it doesn't work make it s-on and send it to HTC for them to give a look.

Sent from my HTC One
Thanks for your help buddy! I really appreciate it!

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by anibjoshi View Post
I will definitely follow your guide and try to troubleshoot the problem. I hope its not some hardware defect and I dont have to send the device to HTC. I've heard those guys are poor at customer service

Thanks a lot, you've been a great help!
Btw, I was trying to find that Thanks button since the first day, I just couldn't figure out where it was. I just did.
Thanks again
Thanks ! That's awesome and gives so much motivation! If you find out that you have a hardware defect and that you have to send it to HTC, I'll give you some information how to deal with those guys that you get your warranty.
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer