Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Problems

Tip us?

tgatlinjr
Old
(Last edited by tgatlinjr; 21st January 2014 at 06:08 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Screen Problems

I just had my screen glass only replaced after dropping and cracking.the screen.

The problem I am having is there is one area of the screen that does not function intermittently. It works fine appox 60-70% of the time - others it does not. The area is in the location where the "T" is located in the default Samsung keyboard.

This happens with the stock firmware as well as a couple of custom roms.

I am not an expert by any means but I thought this is a software/calibration problem.

Anyone have and ideas?

Thanks very much!

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2,312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgatlinjr View Post
I just had my screen glass only replaced after dropping and cracking.the screen.

The problem I am having is there is one area of the screen that does not function intermittently. It works fine appox 60-70% of the time - others it does not. The area is in the location where the "T" is located in the default Samsung keyboard.

This happens with the stock firmware as well as a couple of custom roms.

I am not an expert by any means but I thought this is a software/calibration problem.

Anyone have and ideas?

Thanks very much!
I hope your warranty is still active, it looks like it's a defective lcd/screen with
intermittent pixels if this problem appears on all screens not just the keyboard.

If it's only the keyboard, re-download the stock official Odin flash S4 firmware
from SamMobile.com and flash it using Odin.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).