Screen Problems

OP tgatlinjr

21st January 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Arlington Texas
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
More
I just had my screen glass only replaced after dropping and cracking.the screen.

The problem I am having is there is one area of the screen that does not function intermittently. It works fine appox 60-70% of the time - others it does not. The area is in the location where the "T" is located in the default Samsung keyboard.

This happens with the stock firmware as well as a couple of custom roms.

I am not an expert by any means but I thought this is a software/calibration problem.

Anyone have and ideas?

Thanks very much!
Last edited by tgatlinjr; 21st January 2014 at 07:08 PM.
21st January 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 2,918

5,173 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgatlinjr

I just had my screen glass only replaced after dropping and cracking.the screen.

The problem I am having is there is one area of the screen that does not function intermittently. It works fine appox 60-70% of the time - others it does not. The area is in the location where the "T" is located in the default Samsung keyboard.

This happens with the stock firmware as well as a couple of custom roms.

I am not an expert by any means but I thought this is a software/calibration problem.

Anyone have and ideas?

Thanks very much!

I hope your warranty is still active, it looks like it's a defective lcd/screen with
intermittent pixels if this problem appears on all screens not just the keyboard.

If it's only the keyboard, re-download the stock official Odin flash S4 firmware
from SamMobile.com and flash it using Odin.

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread