cant get twrp to wipe or flash new rom

OP patrickliebl

21st January 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston Tx
Thanks Meter: 33

239 posts
More
I recently changed from pauls recovery to twrp and tried to wipe and flash new rom however now im stuck. twrp seems to have wiped some stuff but not all and the rom just boot loops. any help is welcome asap.

I get this message. E:error opening '/data/data/com.google.android.g and E:error: I/O error
Last edited by patrickliebl; 21st January 2014 at 04:59 AM.
21st January 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickliebl

I recently changed from pauls recovery to twrp and tried to wipe and flash new rom however now im stuck. twrp seems to have wiped some stuff but not all and the rom just boot loops. any help is welcome asap.

I get this message. E:error opening '/data/data/com.google.android.g and E:error: I/O error

I was having problems with TWRP recently (and periodically in the past). It would give errors and not flash/wipe/etc. I switched to the latest CWM and it's been working great so far. Just a thought it you cannot find a solution. I couldn't.

Good luck.
21st January 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Charleston Il
Thanks Meter: 414

1,089 posts
I got this from trying to use TB, and it corrupted a file. I switched recoveries a couple of time wiping internal, and data, switched back to twrp, and been solid ever since. It is the way TB messes up. I don't blame twrp for my mistake. Even posted in nebula about it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread