5,600,182 Members 40,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What's happening with the current round of updates?

Tip us?

braveally
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Default What's happening with the current round of updates?

So i read this morning that there is a new .124 firmware certified. And I'm wondering if the 114 firmware ever got released, but I don't think I've seen to much about it. Seems like there is also no widely accepted root method for 290 either. So what should we be waiting for now? Is the 114 update available yet, maybe through the PC companion or should I be waiting now for 124. Also I'm still on the Chinese firmware (just took the update in PC companion as my phone is from China) and wondering if this has any effect on me getting the ota.
I want to avoid updating anything with flashtool to avoid any potential soft bricking issues so many are experiencing.
In the end I just want stock with root. I'm holding off on anything until I know we will have a single firmware for an extended period. Can anyone clarify what's going on?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

punkt
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveally View Post
Can anyone clarify what's going on?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
you already summed up good. we have new device and new firmware coming in a short period of time. also rooting becomes more difficult because of androids security changes.

actually i also think about going back stock and waiting for stable long term root.
The Following User Says Thank You to punkt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

braveally
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkt View Post
you already summed up good. we have new device and new firmware coming in a short period of time. also rooting becomes more difficult because of androids security changes.

actually i also think about going back stock and waiting for stable long term root.
Ok thanks. Just wanted to confirm I had the right understanding. Now we play the waiting game I guess.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveally View Post
Ok thanks. Just wanted to confirm I had the right understanding. Now we play the waiting game I guess.
Yes, you are right.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)