5,605,250 Members 38,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in Fastboot

Tip us?
 
Misterowl
Old
#1  
Misterowl's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 374
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Phone Stuck in Fastboot

Okay so I tried to flash cyanogenmod 11 for the first time on this moto G (US). It bootlooped and I tired to reflash it again and it did the same. There was no way of returning to stock because I had not made a backup. So I tried to flash stock in the bootloader and that didn't work. I went into the recovery and it said 'cant mount /sdcard. So go back into the bootloader and format the sdcard and that doesn't work (which I returned to the recovery to see it not working). I go back and flash twrp thinking that recovery would have something to help me flash a new rom and now I don't even have a working recovery. It takes me straight back to the bootloader and every time I flash a recovery it says Mismatched partition size (recovery) and I am unable to boot into it.

I have no clue on what to do at this point and I need help.
 
Misterowl
Old
#2  
Misterowl's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 374
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
also it says invalid "boot image header!" in red letters
 
P.Kosunen
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Helsinki
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219

Install full factory image with fastboot.
 
Misterowl
Old
#4  
Misterowl's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 374
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Kosunen View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219

Install full factory image with fastboot.
Alright thankyou!

I got everything to work again but I still can't flash roms. They just bootloop :S
 
P.Kosunen
Old
(Last edited by P.Kosunen; 21st January 2014 at 10:04 AM.)
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Helsinki
It could be too big recovery install with fastboot causes problem, every recovery cwm/twrp i tried to install with fastboot fails.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=234
Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip

Download vocoderisms TWRP build, extract "recovery.img" from it.

After you have kitkat installed and working:

Option 1, use TWRP without install:
Boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), boot twrp (fastboot boot recovery.img) and install rom from there.

Option 2, install TWRP (have not tested):
Upload twrp zip to phone (adb push Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip /sdcard/), boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), boot twrp (fastboot boot recovery.img), install Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip.
 
kieranc88
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 226
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterowl View Post
Okay so I tried to flash cyanogenmod 11 for the first time on this moto G (US). It bootlooped and I tired to reflash it again and it did the same. There was no way of returning to stock because I had not made a backup. So I tried to flash stock in the bootloader and that didn't work. I went into the recovery and it said 'cant mount /sdcard. So go back into the bootloader and format the sdcard and that doesn't work (which I returned to the recovery to see it not working). I go back and flash twrp thinking that recovery would have something to help me flash a new rom and now I don't even have a working recovery. It takes me straight back to the bootloader and every time I flash a recovery it says Mismatched partition size (recovery) and I am unable to boot into it.

I have no clue on what to do at this point and I need help.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2LP...VQxN0k/preview this cwm worked for me
 
aradalien
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 33
Join Date: Apr 2013
You do know flashing stock again removes root, so it has to be rerooted again ?
 
Misterowl
Old
#8  
Misterowl's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 374
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradalien View Post
You do know flashing stock again removes root, so it has to be rerooted again ?

Yes I am very aware and followed through with root with that outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc88 View Post
CWM doesn't work it. It boots up (Im used cyanogenmod) the cyanogenmod boot animation but just stays there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Kosunen View Post
It could be too big recovery install with fastboot causes problem, every recovery cwm/twrp i tried to install with fastboot fails.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=234
Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip

Download vocoderisms TWRP build, extract "recovery.img" from it.

After you have kitkat installed and working:

Option 1, use TWRP without install:
Boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), boot twrp (fastboot boot recovery.img) and install rom from there.

Option 2, install TWRP (have not tested):
Upload twrp zip to phone (adb push Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip /sdcard/), boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), boot twrp (fastboot boot recovery.img), install Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip.

I've flashed twrp too and came out with the same outcome.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more