5,597,261 Members 39,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

lost all permissions after messing with platform.xml

Tip us?
 
DxCK
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default lost all permissions after messing with platform.xml

Hello,

I have SM-N9005 variant and recently I updated to the latest android 4.4.2 leaked version with Odin, and then rooted with CF-Auto-Root.

After that, I lost the permission to write to external sdcard.

I searched and found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49603814

I backed up /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml and then I followed the instructions there.

After restart, a lot of app stopping messages showed and I had no access to file system or network anymore.

I used adb shell to restore the original platform.xml but it didn't helped in any way.

It seems that all mounts and networks are working, but none of the applications has permission to use any of them.

How do I resolve this, without wiping all my data?

Thank you!
 
radicalisto
Old
#2  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1186
Posts: 2,988
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
You need to set the correct permissions on the .xml after you overwrite it back into the /system Off the top of my head I can't think what they are (just out of bed and got to work so still sleepy!)
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
 
DxCK
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
You need to set the correct permissions on the .xml after you overwrite it back into the /system Off the top of my head I can't think what they are (just out of bed and got to work so still sleepy!)
I tried 644 and 777 but the problem persists.
 
radicalisto
Old
#4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1186
Posts: 2,988
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
rw-r-r which is 644 - read wrong

or chmod 666 -- forgive my lack of memory, it has been a long time since I have used chmod commands, few years since my glFTPD / site modding days.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
 
DxCK
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
rw-r-r which is 644 - read wrong

or chmod 666 -- forgive my lack of memory, it has been a long time since I have used chmod commands, few years since my glFTPD / site modding days.
The problem still persist
 
A.N.Droid
Old
#6  
A.N.Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DxCK View Post
The problem still persist
i dont know if it helps in your situation but did you try the "fix permissions" from a custom recovery like twrp?
there are also scripts you can execute in a terminal, the knoxout script linked in my sig for example has a permission fixer included.
Device: SM-N9005 international, Snapdragon (hltexx)
ROM: ROM: BoBCaTROM_EVO_7.01
Kernel: CivZ 2.2
Mods: ViPER4Android Audio Effects
KNOX 0x1 enhanced user experience
 
DxCK
Old
(Last edited by DxCK; 21st January 2014 at 09:32 PM.) Reason: spell
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.N.Droid View Post
i dont know if it helps in your situation but did you try the "fix permissions" from a custom recovery like twrp?
there are also scripts you can execute in a terminal, the knoxout script linked in my sig for example has a permission fixer included.
Thank you.

When i run this, no matter what are the parameters, for example: sh kn0x0ut.sh kn0x0ut

it says:

ERROR: Unknown parameter ""
Removing all temp folder /data/media/kn0x0ut_temp...
 
A.N.Droid
Old
#8  
A.N.Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DxCK View Post
Thank you.

When i run this, no matter what are the parameters, for example: sh kn0x0ut.sh kn0x0ut

it says:

ERROR: Unknown parameter ""
Removing all temp folder /data/media/kn0x0ut_temp...
just type sh kn0x0ut.sh to get all commands.
if you dont get this working, you can do it from twrp (i think cwm too)if you have it.
tap on "advanced" and then on "fix permissions".
Device: SM-N9005 international, Snapdragon (hltexx)
ROM: ROM: BoBCaTROM_EVO_7.01
Kernel: CivZ 2.2
Mods: ViPER4Android Audio Effects
KNOX 0x1 enhanced user experience

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes