Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 39,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stay rooted & choose a rom or un-root and OTA then Root ..Benefits?

Tip us?

panicfreek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stay rooted & choose a rom or un-root and OTA then Root ..Benefits?

I have rooted my month old Moto Maxx to 4.2.2 12.15.15. What are the benefits of going back to stock & taking the OTA & then trying to re-root over just installing a new ROM ..say CM? I got the message that the OTA for 4.4 is available...Whats my best bet? I'm happy just being rooted & able to get rid of the bloat. Used RockMyMoto to root.

Metfanant
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicfreek View Post
I have rooted my month old Moto Maxx to 4.2.2 12.15.15. What are the benefits of going back to stock & taking the OTA & then trying to re-root over just installing a new ROM ..say CM? I got the message that the OTA for 4.4 is available...Whats my best bet? I'm happy just being rooted & able to get rid of the bloat. Used RockMyMoto to root.
Well...

1. If you return to stock and take the OTA you will lose root with no chance of getting it back...you have to follow JCase's instructions to keep root...

2. ROM choices are beyond limited for the new Droids...the Dev community is basically nonexistent

3. imo your beat bet is to follow the JCase root method and run a rooted 4.4

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I wish there were some comparison videos for the ultra or maxx that compared JB vs kitkat and focused on load times and lag.

There aren't a ton of improvements from 4.2.2 to 4.4 imo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk