Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get into recovery - MIUIv5 - Please Help

Tip us?
 
jburke90
Old
#1  
jburke90's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 152
Join Date: Dec 2011
Question Can't get into recovery - MIUIv5 - Please Help

So I'm on MIUI v5 4.1.10. I finally got ROOT access but after intalling Xposed I get nothing but FC's and can't run the phone. I would HAPPILY reflash a ROM but I cannot get into recovery... Any ideas? Anything would be a great help!
Phone: LG G2 LS980
Rom: SuperG2
Kernel: 3.4.0
Baseband:M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046
Build: SuperG2 Milestone 1
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0


 
ThePagel
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 514
Posts: 873
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke90 View Post
So I'm on MIUI v5 4.1.10. I finally got ROOT access but after intalling Xposed I get nothing but FC's and can't run the phone. I would HAPPILY reflash a ROM but I cannot get into recovery... Any ideas? Anything would be a great help!
Is xposed supposed to work on miui?
 
jburke90
Old
#3  
jburke90's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 152
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
Is xposed supposed to work on miui?
I'm starting to realize that it's probably a No.... lol
Phone: LG G2 LS980
Rom: SuperG2
Kernel: 3.4.0
Baseband:M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046
Build: SuperG2 Milestone 1
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0


 
ThePagel
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 514
Posts: 873
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke90 View Post
I'm starting to realize that it's probably a No.... lol
Well if you can't get into recovery probably your only bet is to Odinto 4.1.2 or before and start fresh. if you have linux you could try to flash your custom recovery with Odin by taking let's say twrp.img rename it to recovery.img compress it into a tar file then flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePagel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jburke90
Old
#5  
jburke90's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 152
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
Well if you can't get into recovery probably your only bet is to Odinto 4.1.2 or before and start fresh. if you have linux you could try to flash your custom recovery with Odin by taking let's say twrp.img rename it to recovery.img compress it into a tar file then flash.
Don't have linux. And don't you need to get into a special mode to use odin? (Vol+ and power)? I can't get into any of those. It just boots up to MIUI.
Phone: LG G2 LS980
Rom: SuperG2
Kernel: 3.4.0
Baseband:M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046
Build: SuperG2 Milestone 1
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0


 
jburke90
Old
#6  
jburke90's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 152
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke90 View Post
Don't have linux. And don't you need to get into a special mode to use odin? (Vol+ and power)? I can't get into any of those. It just boots up to MIUI.
Ok, I feel REALLY stupid.... I was booting all wrong. I was doing the Vol+ and power but was forgetting to hold the home button. So stupid.... But I got, reflashing now.

Thanks for trying to help though!
Phone: LG G2 LS980
Rom: SuperG2
Kernel: 3.4.0
Baseband:M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046
Build: SuperG2 Milestone 1
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more

Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more