Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

May have bricked my replacement one x

Tip us?

Fbmowner
Old
(Last edited by Fbmowner; 21st January 2014 at 04:12 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation May have bricked my replacement one x

So my rooted one X that i didnt have a custom rom on started to fail on me (screen stopped working) etc.. Nothing software related. I made a backup of my rom using TWRP and to verify that it worked i actually wiped the phone and reloaded that backup and everything was fine. So i went and got a new ONE x with my warranty. Rooted it, flashed a recovery ( I FORGOT TO BACKUP THE STOCK ROM OF MY REPLACEMENT!!! =((((((( ) I attempted to restore the phone to my old phones backup (boot/system and data).. Which failed badly.. I get past HTC screen and then just a black screen with a white bar flashing up top everyonce and a while. Ive tried to flash custom roms to atleast have a phone and nothing is work.... What can i do? =\ I'd also like to add that after i tried to install a custom rom the phone will auto boot into recovery, or atleast attempt to over and over again. Even after reflashing boot.img

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8306

DONATE TO ME
Give the outcome of :

Fastboot getvar all

And delete the serial number and imei !

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbmowner View Post
So my rooted one X that i didnt have a custom rom on started to fail on me (screen stopped working) etc.. Nothing software related. I made a backup of my rom using TWRP and to verify that it worked i actually wiped the phone and reloaded that backup and everything was fine. So i went and got a new ONE x with my warranty. Rooted it, flashed a recovery ( I FORGOT TO BACKUP THE STOCK ROM OF MY REPLACEMENT!!! =((((((( ) I attempted to restore the phone to my old phones backup (boot/system and data).. Which failed badly.. I get past HTC screen and then just a black screen with a white bar flashing up top everyonce and a while. Ive tried to flash custom roms to atleast have a phone and nothing is work.... What can i do? =\ I'd also like to add that after i tried to install a custom rom the phone will auto boot into recovery, or atleast attempt to over and over again. Even after reflashing boot.img
can you get in custom recovery