Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dead phone

Tip us?

punkt
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgaras85 View Post
Hello, i think accidently removed all software from phone.
what exactly did you do? bootloader locked? as long as you see the sony logo you should be able to enter flashmode.

zeppelinrox
Old
Thanks Meter 21053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgaras85 View Post
Okay so i charged the phone. It's always on on "Sony" logo, but flashmode don't recognise phone, it says put usb cable and press button and I doing exactly, when I try to flash.
P.S. Phone doesn't vibrates or something when turns on. Just orange LED when charging.
P.S. And i can't shut down the phone, it's not reacting to button "Shut down" it's always on.
You should be able to get into flashmode.
Good news that you have orange LED.

Plug it into PC.
Hold power+volume up until it vibrates - probably a minute but keep holding the buttons down until it does.
After the vibrate, hold down volume down to get into flashmode.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelinrox View Post
You should be able to get into flashmode.
Good news that you have orange LED.

Plug it into PC.
Hold power+volume up until it vibrates - probably a minute but keep holding the buttons down until it does.
After the vibrate, hold down volume down to get into flashmode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkt View Post
what exactly did you do? bootloader locked? as long as you see the sony logo you should be able to enter flashmode.
Exaclty, he for sure he do something wrong. Just keep pushing the volume down and connect to PC, you have to keep pushing (holding) volume down ALL THE TIME.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

Wampcia
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Okay so i charged the phone. It's always on on "Sony" logo, but flashmode don't recognise phone, it says put usb cable and press button and I doing exactly, when I try to flash
It looks like you have not installed drivers - this is common error on Windows 8.1 machines, but it isnt horror like on Xperia T when you must use Win 7 to flash.
Reinstall drivers with Disable Driver Signature Verification mode
Send from Samsung Xperia GT-540
The Following User Says Thank You to Wampcia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampcia View Post
It looks like you have not installed drivers - this is common error on Windows 8.1 machines, but it isnt horror like on Xperia T when you must use Win 7 to flash.
Reinstall drivers with Disable Driver Signature Verification mode
Thanx Lord, I am on Win7 and I already don't like 8 and I will stay here.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

Rekoil
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Thanx Lord, I am on Win7 and I already don't like 8 and I will stay here.
Win 8 has its flaws, but it does improve on the graphics framework and you get slight framerate boosts as a result. I think it's worth it if you install something like Start8 to get a proper start menu back. You get a very useful upgrade to the file transfer dialogs and the task manager in Windows 8 as well.

Though honestly I can't stand any version of Windows, longing for the days when I can play all my games on Linux and can say goodbye to Windows once and for all, and those days seem fast approaching thanks to Valve pushing Steam Boxes!
sony xperia z1 compact d5503 lime green

previous phones
sony xperia z1 c6903 metallic purple - screen cracked, broken digitizer
sony xperia z c6603 royal purple - faulty backplate, returned
samsung galaxy s3 lte (gt-i9305n) marble white - sold... no more samsungs for me
htc one x glacier white - dead :'(
apple iphone 4s white - sold

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekoil View Post
Though honestly I can't stand any version of Windows!
Me too but honestly if I have to choose I prefer Win7. Improvements are always made in new version but like 7 is exactly what I need.