No registration required

Un-intentional brick??

OP dpeti

20th January 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts

Hello there!

I have a really serious problem with my TF300T. I had the newest bootloader installed with 4.4 enabled TWRP recovery. I had the 2014.01.07. CM 11 nightly installed and was running fine. I have seen, that there are some never releases so decided to update. I downloaded the newest nightly yesterday and pressed power button. Selected reboot and then selected Recovery.
And here comes the problem!
The tablet bricked himself! It did restart but got into a bootloop I cannot get through the Asus splashscreen. I tried POWER+VOLD DOWN, I cannot get into fastboot or recovery. The tablet keep rebooting, no boot to android either. I tried power off, no success. I tried the reset button. I removed battery, still the same.

As I have never done anything to the bootloader, I did not consider making NVFLASH backup, as it is a risky operation. Shame on me...

How could it happen????? Does cyanogenmod alter Bootloader partition to reboot into recovery??? What the hell??

Please help me somehow! I dont know what to do, I tried all I could! Maybe APX? or only Asus RMA??

yours,
20th January 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeti

Hello there!

I have a really serious problem with my TF300T. I had the newest bootloader installed with 4.4 enabled TWRP recovery. I had the 2014.01.07. CM 11 nightly installed and was running fine. I have seen, that there are some never releases so decided to update. I downloaded the newest nightly yesterday and pressed power button. Selected reboot and then selected Recovery.
And here comes the problem!
The tablet bricked himself! It did restart but got into a bootloop I cannot get through the Asus splashscreen. I tried POWER+VOLD DOWN, I cannot get into fastboot or recovery. The tablet keep rebooting, no boot to android either. I tried power off, no success. I tried the reset button. I removed battery, still the same.

As I have never done anything to the bootloader, I did not consider making NVFLASH backup, as it is a risky operation. Shame on me...

How could it happen????? Does cyanogenmod alter Bootloader partition to reboot into recovery??? What the hell??

Please help me somehow! I dont know what to do, I tried all I could! Maybe APX? or only Asus RMA??

yours,

No, sorry, you won't be able to use APX mode without have making the NvFlash backups beforehand.
20th January 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 26

101 posts
is this possible? I'm now afraid to update to newer cm11 versions...
20th January 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #4  

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu

is this possible? I'm now afraid to update to newer cm11 versions...

Yeah, Ive seen it happen to multiple people across the forums idk what the actual bug is though.
21st January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #5  

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

Yeah, Ive seen it happen to multiple people across the forums idk what the actual bug is though.

so basically ... don't update CM11 until this is fixed right?
21st January 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #6  

1,110 posts
More
Quote:

so basically ... don't update CM11 until this is fixed right?

Im not sure It only happened to a few people in addition to OP of this thread. Im not upgrading to be safe, but maybe the dev should look into it.
22nd January 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #7  

101 posts
Quote:

Im not sure It only happened to a few people in addition to OP of this thread. Im not upgrading to be safe, but maybe the dev should look into it.

Yea I'm doing the same thing...btw if you birck it...changing the motherboard will unbrick it?
22nd January 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #8  

1,110 posts
More
Quote:

Yea I'm doing the same thing...btw if you birck it...changing the motherboard will unbrick it?

In theory, yes. But many people consider it easier to RMA it.
22nd January 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #9  

101 posts
Quote:

In theory, yes. But many people consider it easier to RMA it.

RMA?
22nd January 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #10  

1,110 posts
More
Quote:

RMA?

Send it back to Asus and pay the repair costs.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread