Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Un-intentional brick??

Tip us?
 
dpeti
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Nov 2009
Unhappy Un-intentional brick??


Hello there!

I have a really serious problem with my TF300T. I had the newest bootloader installed with 4.4 enabled TWRP recovery. I had the 2014.01.07. CM 11 nightly installed and was running fine. I have seen, that there are some never releases so decided to update. I downloaded the newest nightly yesterday and pressed power button. Selected reboot and then selected Recovery.
And here comes the problem!
The tablet bricked himself! It did restart but got into a bootloop I cannot get through the Asus splashscreen. I tried POWER+VOLD DOWN, I cannot get into fastboot or recovery. The tablet keep rebooting, no boot to android either. I tried power off, no success. I tried the reset button. I removed battery, still the same.

As I have never done anything to the bootloader, I did not consider making NVFLASH backup, as it is a risky operation. Shame on me...

How could it happen????? Does cyanogenmod alter Bootloader partition to reboot into recovery??? What the hell??


Please help me somehow! I dont know what to do, I tried all I could! Maybe APX? or only Asus RMA??

yours,
 
cmendonc2
Old
#2  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeti View Post

Hello there!

I have a really serious problem with my TF300T. I had the newest bootloader installed with 4.4 enabled TWRP recovery. I had the 2014.01.07. CM 11 nightly installed and was running fine. I have seen, that there are some never releases so decided to update. I downloaded the newest nightly yesterday and pressed power button. Selected reboot and then selected Recovery.
And here comes the problem!
The tablet bricked himself! It did restart but got into a bootloop I cannot get through the Asus splashscreen. I tried POWER+VOLD DOWN, I cannot get into fastboot or recovery. The tablet keep rebooting, no boot to android either. I tried power off, no success. I tried the reset button. I removed battery, still the same.

As I have never done anything to the bootloader, I did not consider making NVFLASH backup, as it is a risky operation. Shame on me...

How could it happen????? Does cyanogenmod alter Bootloader partition to reboot into recovery??? What the hell??


Please help me somehow! I dont know what to do, I tried all I could! Maybe APX? or only Asus RMA??

yours,
No, sorry, you won't be able to use APX mode without have making the NvFlash backups beforehand.
My Devices:
 

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)



LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)



Asus Tf300t (CM11)



Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
 
aplopeanu
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jun 2012
is this possible? I'm now afraid to update to newer cm11 versions...
 
cmendonc2
Old
#4  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu View Post
is this possible? I'm now afraid to update to newer cm11 versions...
Yeah, Ive seen it happen to multiple people across the forums idk what the actual bug is though.
My Devices:
 

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)



LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)



Asus Tf300t (CM11)



Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
 
aplopeanu
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Yeah, Ive seen it happen to multiple people across the forums idk what the actual bug is though.
so basically ... don't update CM11 until this is fixed right?
 
cmendonc2
Old
#6  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu View Post
so basically ... don't update CM11 until this is fixed right?
Im not sure It only happened to a few people in addition to OP of this thread. Im not upgrading to be safe, but maybe the dev should look into it.
My Devices:
 

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)



LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)



Asus Tf300t (CM11)



Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
 
aplopeanu
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Im not sure It only happened to a few people in addition to OP of this thread. Im not upgrading to be safe, but maybe the dev should look into it.
Yea I'm doing the same thing...btw if you birck it...changing the motherboard will unbrick it?
 
cmendonc2
Old
#8  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu View Post
Yea I'm doing the same thing...btw if you birck it...changing the motherboard will unbrick it?
In theory, yes. But many people consider it easier to RMA it.
My Devices:
 

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)



LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)



Asus Tf300t (CM11)



Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
 
aplopeanu
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
In theory, yes. But many people consider it easier to RMA it.
RMA?
 
cmendonc2
Old
#10  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu View Post
RMA?
Send it back to Asus and pay the repair costs.
My Devices:
 

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)



LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)



Asus Tf300t (CM11)



Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more

Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more