Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Un-intentional brick??

Tip us?

dpeti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Un-intentional brick??

Hello there!

I have a really serious problem with my TF300T. I had the newest bootloader installed with 4.4 enabled TWRP recovery. I had the 2014.01.07. CM 11 nightly installed and was running fine. I have seen, that there are some never releases so decided to update. I downloaded the newest nightly yesterday and pressed power button. Selected reboot and then selected Recovery.
And here comes the problem!
The tablet bricked himself! It did restart but got into a bootloop I cannot get through the Asus splashscreen. I tried POWER+VOLD DOWN, I cannot get into fastboot or recovery. The tablet keep rebooting, no boot to android either. I tried power off, no success. I tried the reset button. I removed battery, still the same.

As I have never done anything to the bootloader, I did not consider making NVFLASH backup, as it is a risky operation. Shame on me...

How could it happen????? Does cyanogenmod alter Bootloader partition to reboot into recovery??? What the hell??

Please help me somehow! I dont know what to do, I tried all I could! Maybe APX? or only Asus RMA??

yours,

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeti View Post

Hello there!

I have a really serious problem with my TF300T. I had the newest bootloader installed with 4.4 enabled TWRP recovery. I had the 2014.01.07. CM 11 nightly installed and was running fine. I have seen, that there are some never releases so decided to update. I downloaded the newest nightly yesterday and pressed power button. Selected reboot and then selected Recovery.
And here comes the problem!
The tablet bricked himself! It did restart but got into a bootloop I cannot get through the Asus splashscreen. I tried POWER+VOLD DOWN, I cannot get into fastboot or recovery. The tablet keep rebooting, no boot to android either. I tried power off, no success. I tried the reset button. I removed battery, still the same.

As I have never done anything to the bootloader, I did not consider making NVFLASH backup, as it is a risky operation. Shame on me...

How could it happen????? Does cyanogenmod alter Bootloader partition to reboot into recovery??? What the hell??

Please help me somehow! I dont know what to do, I tried all I could! Maybe APX? or only Asus RMA??

yours,
No, sorry, you won't be able to use APX mode without have making the NvFlash backups beforehand.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

aplopeanu
Old
Thanks Meter 25
is this possible? I'm now afraid to update to newer cm11 versions...

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu View Post
is this possible? I'm now afraid to update to newer cm11 versions...
Yeah, Ive seen it happen to multiple people across the forums idk what the actual bug is though.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!

aplopeanu
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Yeah, Ive seen it happen to multiple people across the forums idk what the actual bug is though.
so basically ... don't update CM11 until this is fixed right?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
so basically ... don't update CM11 until this is fixed right?
Im not sure It only happened to a few people in addition to OP of this thread. Im not upgrading to be safe, but maybe the dev should look into it.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

aplopeanu
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Im not sure It only happened to a few people in addition to OP of this thread. Im not upgrading to be safe, but maybe the dev should look into it.
Yea I'm doing the same thing...btw if you birck it...changing the motherboard will unbrick it?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Yea I'm doing the same thing...btw if you birck it...changing the motherboard will unbrick it?
In theory, yes. But many people consider it easier to RMA it.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

aplopeanu
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
In theory, yes. But many people consider it easier to RMA it.
RMA?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
RMA?
Send it back to Asus and pay the repair costs.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]