XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Space Issue on my S4

Tip us?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamme216 View Post
Would I just search the storage or is there somewhere else I should look?
You can use the app SD Maid to see what your biggest files are and where they are located. I'm sure there's many ways to search and find them, that's just a real easy way. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
You can use the app SD Maid to see what your biggest files are and where they are located. I'm sure there's many ways to search and find them, that's just a real easy way. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
diskusage is another good app but gotta be careful not delete what you don't understand
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94

iamme216
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Do you have all you data going to the extsd card? I have 3 roms loaded and running...safestrap and a 32gb extsd with plenty of memory. I keep all tibu backups and safestrap backups on extsd card.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
I have a few apps running on the SD card. All my music, pictures and videos are on there as well as well as my tibu backups. there's like nothing on the actual phone besides apps I couldn't move, stock apps and the like.

iamme216
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
diskusage is another good app but gotta be careful not delete what you don't understand
I'll try out both of these as soon as I get some free time today.

aleggsue
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamme216 View Post
I'll try out both of these as soon as I get some free time today.
Another thing you could try is rootappdelete. It allows you to delete stock bloatware that you *probably* don't use. I used it to uninstall all the Verizon and Samsung bloat. It works, but the menu always says unsuccessful at first. The option becomes available to manually override the process, which allows the removal. I think I free a couple hundred mb using that. Another thing is Clean Master. I freed about 3Gb when I first used it. It can clean a lot of cache data (not harmful) to free up even more space. Hope that helps.

Cheers