Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 46,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I can hear the unlock/lock sounds but my Nook HD's screen wont turn on

Tip us?

tdnookhd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default I can hear the unlock/lock sounds but my Nook HD's screen wont turn on

On Friday night the tablet ran itself down and shut off after watching some movies before bed. The screen and the rest of the tablet was functioning normally up to this point. I didn't bring my charger home with me from school, so it stayed dead for a few days. The tablet is now fully charged (or at least almost full. I left it on the charger overnight and this morning when I unplugged it I couldn't get the screen to turn on. At first I thought I forgot to plug the charger into the wall, but now I realized that the tablet *is* on, but the screen wont come on. My computer reads the device, and I can transfer files to/from.

When I hit the power/home button I immediately get a lock/unlock sound. Holding the power button to try to hard reset just makes it make the lock sound twice. Any advice here? Is my screen dead?

jpisini
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdnookhd View Post
On Friday night the tablet ran itself down and shut off after watching some movies before bed. The screen and the rest of the tablet was functioning normally up to this point. I didn't bring my charger home with me from school, so it stayed dead for a few days. The tablet is now fully charged (or at least almost full. I left it on the charger overnight and this morning when I unplugged it I couldn't get the screen to turn on. At first I thought I forgot to plug the charger into the wall, but now I realized that the tablet *is* on, but the screen wont come on. My computer reads the device, and I can transfer files to/from.

When I hit the power/home button I immediately get a lock/unlock sound. Holding the power button to try to hard reset just makes it make the lock sound twice. Any advice here? Is my screen dead?

How long are you holding the power button. When I get the sleep of death under CM11 I have to hold the power button for a slow count of 15 then wait a few seconds and hold it again for a slow count of 3.