FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Updated MMS app that removes contact photos?

1,144 posts
Thanks Meter: 22
 
By itsLYNDZ, Senior Member on 21st January 2014, 10:16 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Havent been on XDA for a while, but I searched for an updated stock messaging app thats been edited to remove the contact photos from every line in a text conversation and havent found anything yet. Just wanted to see if anyone uses another stock version that has the quick reply popup and also sends/receives pictures or if there is another app from the Play store that doesnt eat battery.
 
 
21st January 2014, 10:50 PM |#2  
patcal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portland, OR.
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsLYNDZ

Havent been on XDA for a while, but I searched for an updated stock messaging app thats been edited to remove the contact photos from every line in a text conversation and havent found anything yet. Just wanted to see if anyone uses another stock version that has the quick reply popup and also sends/receives pictures or if there is another app from the Play store that doesnt eat battery.

Chomp SMS lets you not use the photos.
22nd January 2014, 12:16 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcal

Chomp SMS lets you not use the photos.

I do remember using that at one point on my old smartphone. Are there any stock Android ones? Id really like to stay stock or find one tha looks like the iphone messaging app.
22nd January 2014, 12:25 AM |#4  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,040
 
More
Try textra, 3rd party app but looks pretty nice

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2014, 12:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

Try textra, 3rd party app but looks pretty nice

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Its nice, but it doesnt do the quick reply pop up over the stock lockscreen. Always have to unlock and go to messages to read/reply. Kinda why I want to stick with a modified stock that just gets rid of the stupid contact photos.
22nd January 2014, 01:45 AM |#6  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,040
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsLYNDZ

Its nice, but it doesnt do the quick reply pop up over the stock lockscreen. Always have to unlock and go to messages to read/reply. Kinda why I want to stick with a modified stock that just gets rid of the stupid contact photos.

It does with me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2014, 01:59 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

It does with me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Im running Slimbean Rom 4.3 so I dunno
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes