Post Reply

[TEST VERSION] PacMan Rom

13th January 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstead2

This Rom is running smooth, so far no problems.........

How does battery life compare to stock?

I've been waiting to trip Knox for this. Glad I downloaded it before they took it down. Looking forward to the official build.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Where can we download the ROM?
13th January 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #33  
kenzolo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,819
 
980 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownzer

Where can we download the ROM?

You have to wait for the first official nighlty,
only from that moment we can put the rom on xda
we are almost ready
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kenzolo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #34  
tytechguy's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag 192.168.1.110
Thanks Meter: 25
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzolo

You have to wait for the first official nighlty,
only from that moment we can put the rom on xda
we are almost ready

Finally got my box set back up and made my first build. Runs great. I have always loved PAC roms for the features. So they brought you in I take it? That's cool if they did.
18th January 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Any movement on this?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to useltonm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #36  
nighthawk626's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 288
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Guess not. Even the PACman website doesn't include out phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #37  
tytechguy's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag 192.168.1.110
Thanks Meter: 25
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
I compiled a working rom from their sources about a week ago. Runs great but there are still a few bugs. So that's why they haven't officially added the N3 to the list of supported devices yet. So if you want to build your own they have merged the most of CM's latest commits and device tree to their public repo. They just frown upon releasing any builds to the public until some more wrinkles are ironed out and an official nightly is posted by the PAC devs. I hope it's soon too. I want Hybrid properties back.lol

As an added note though: The battery life on my build is fantastic. I can pull it from the charger at 6 a.m. and use it all day with moderate to heavy use and when I plug up at night (usually about 11 p.m.) I still have around 50 to 55% left. This is better than any touchwiz turd I have ever ran.
19th January 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Is it difficult to compile? I would like to try but have never done it and am not sure where to start.

Do you happen to know of any good tutorials?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
20th January 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #39  
tytechguy's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag 192.168.1.110
Thanks Meter: 25
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by useltonm

Is it difficult to compile? I would like to try but have never done it and am not sure where to start.

Do you happen to know of any good tutorials?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Well, I would say it's not difficult at all but then I'd be stretching the truth a bit. Really, it's not all that hard. If you run a native linux box then you are one step ahead of the game. Some use a VM (Virtual Machine) and some prefer to run a Linux distro like Ubuntu or Mint as their primary host OS. Either way it's the same to setup the build environment, you just have a couple more steps involved installing and configuring a VM. I personally like Mint as a dual boot along side my windows machine. I don't much care for VM's as they have issues from time to time because they share your windows OS resources. Linux Mint seems all around faster and easier to build on and packages seem to install easier, but that's just my personal opinion. I won't go into detail here because there are literally dozens of TUT's on here and around the net for a step by step on how to build AOSP. I will say this though, I like PAC for several reasons but one in particular is because their build script is nice. It grabs everything needed to compile, like dependencies and even lunches the device before the build starts saving you that extra bit of typing. I'll put a couple links below that I used when I first got started that will hopefully help you out. I suggest reading the very first carefully as it will answer a lot of questions you may have. Google is key and helps a great deal. I am in no way a pro but I will try to answer any questions you may have. Just PM me. Hope this helps..


Fiind all the info about Android and it's history and even an out-of-date build giuide here: source.android.com

Use this for setting up an Ubuntu build environment (can be used for Linux Mint also): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2224142] Thanks to sylentprofet for this great build guide!

And last but not least PAC's Readme for compiling PAC-MAN from source: https://github.com/PAC-man/pac/blob/pac-4.4/README.md Special thanks to PAC for sharing their source and scripts
Last edited by tytechguy; 20th January 2014 at 01:07 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tytechguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytechguy

Well, I would say it's not difficult at all but then I'd be stretching the truth a bit. Really, it's not all that hard. If you run a native linux box then you are one step ahead of the game. Some use a VM (Virtual Machine) and some prefer to run a Linux distro like Ubuntu or Mint as their primary host OS. Either way it's the same to setup the build environment, you just have a couple more steps involved installing and configuring a VM. I personally like Mint as a dual boot along side my windows machine. I don't much care for VM's as they have issues from time to time because they share your windows OS resources. Linux Mint seems all around faster and easier to build on and packages seem to install easier, but that's just my personal opinion. I won't go into detail here because there are literally dozens of TUT's on here and around the net for a step by step on how to build AOSP. I will say this though, I like PAC for several reasons but one in particular is because their build script is nice. It grabs everything needed to compile, like dependencies and even lunches the device before the build starts saving you that extra bit of typing. I'll put a couple links below that I used when I first got started that will hopefully help you out. I suggest reading the very first carefully as it will answer a lot of questions you may have. Google is key and helps a great deal. I am in no way a pro but I will try to answer any questions you may have. Just PM me. Hope this helps..


Fiind all the info about Android and it's history and even an out-of-date build giuide here: source.android.com

Use this for setting up an Ubuntu build environment (can be used for Linux Mint also): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2224142] Thanks to sylentprofet for this great build guide!

And last but not least PAC's Readme for compiling PAC-MAN from source: https://github.com/PAC-man/pac/blob/pac-4.4/README.md Special thanks to PAC for sharing their source and scripts

I appreciate the info and suggested links. When I get some free time I'll give this a shot.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 General by ThreadRank