XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help to Disable "Software Update Is Available" Message

Tip us?

notifyme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Help to Disable "Software Update Is Available" Message

I have an LG Optimus G Pro (E980). It is rooted and Lokified. However, I am still running a debloated Stock ATT ROM. 4.1.2. Yesterday, AT&T began pushing an Update to my current Value Pack Build, with the message "Software Update is Available". with a request to select the push message to begin the update. Of course, accepting this update will result in my having to use LGFlashtools to reinstall the ATT .TOT file.

I have tried to find the [sys]elements that would kill this message, as accepting it is, ultimately inevitable. A slip of the hand and I am in for a few hours of rebuilding. I have frozen a couple of likely candidates (com.lge-fota something) and com.lge.permission something). While they have not proven to be needed for any of the uses of my phone, neither have they stopped the push message.

Does anyone know what might block this "Update is available" push message?

jreed3786
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by notifyme View Post
I have an LG Optimus G Pro (E980). It is rooted and Lokified. However, I am still running a debloated Stock ATT ROM. 4.1.2. Yesterday, AT&T began pushing an Update to my current Value Pack Build, with the message "Software Update is Available". with a request to select the push message to begin the update. Of course, accepting this update will result in my having to use LGFlashtools to reinstall the ATT .TOT file.

I have tried to find the [sys]elements that would kill this message, as accepting it is, ultimately inevitable. A slip of the hand and I am in for a few hours of rebuilding. I have frozen a couple of likely candidates (com.lge-fota something) and com.lge.permission something). While they have not proven to be needed for any of the uses of my phone, neither have they stopped the push message.

Does anyone know what might block this "Update is available" push message?
Just freeze LGApduService 1.0. You're welcome.
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 on AT&T
Running : [ROM] [SM-N900W8] {no name ROM} 4.4.2 Note III on N900A w/ wi-fi fix laugh:
THANKS to ALL of the very unselfish and awesome devs who work so tirelessly to bring us a smorgasbord of tasty roms!!! Thank you, kang gang!!!
Bye bye, G1, MT3GSlide, Vibrant, Sensation 4G, Tmo Galaxy S II, AT&T Galaxy S III, and AT&T Note 2 and LG Optimus G Pro...was nice knowin' ya.
The Following User Says Thank You to jreed3786 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notifyme
Old
(Last edited by notifyme; 21st January 2014 at 03:17 PM.) Reason: spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed3786 View Post
Just freeze LGApduService 1.0. You're welcome.
Thanks. In my case turned out to be dmclient.receiver. Could be the difference in builds. I see you have E98010P. I am still on E98010K and P was what I was trying to stop...

jreed3786
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by notifyme View Post
Thanks. In my case turned out to be dmclient.receiver. Could be the difference in builds. I see you have E98010P. I am still on E98010K and P was what I was trying to stop...
I was WRONG. Apparently it was just freezing SoftwareUpdate 4.1.0. Or maybe both combined. Not sure, buddy! I just did the one I told you and STILL got update notification. When I froze SoftwareUpdate 4.1.0, it didn't come back.
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 on AT&T
Running : [ROM] [SM-N900W8] {no name ROM} 4.4.2 Note III on N900A w/ wi-fi fix laugh:
THANKS to ALL of the very unselfish and awesome devs who work so tirelessly to bring us a smorgasbord of tasty roms!!! Thank you, kang gang!!!
Bye bye, G1, MT3GSlide, Vibrant, Sensation 4G, Tmo Galaxy S II, AT&T Galaxy S III, and AT&T Note 2 and LG Optimus G Pro...was nice knowin' ya.