Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dissable Knox Security help?

Tip us?

saboracuva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Dissable Knox Security help?

Alright, I'll run down my problem and hopefully someone can help. I have looked at all of the threads and none have helped me . I am however, very confident one of you guys!!!

Alright, when I Updated to 4.3, I decided that I wanted to go to Cyanogenmod instead of the touchwiz from samsung. I had previously done it with my s3 and everything went well!! So I decided to give it a go. From the moment I tried to root my phone, a notification would pop up on my phone saying "Security information An application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. This attempt has been blocked."

It doesnt matter what method I use (mottochoper, terminal, mac, pc) I always get the same message and everything stops and whatever program I use tells me it couldn't finish.

I have a macbook, I tried uninstalling kies, rebooting my s4/mac, everything!! Nothing works because of this message.

I also tried to dissable and force stop Knox, but it just keeps happening.

I unchecked the box that allowed know to be activated under security, but it keeps happening!!!

I can't root my phone, and it makes me sad very sad ((( The closest I've come to rooting my phone was with the mac Cyanogenmod installer. It almost worked! But then, the security thing.

I have a Galaxy s4 from at&t, running 4.3, a macbook running 10.9, a bagged lunched I prepared for myself that could be yours, and internet access of course.

Someone help please!! Thank you in advance you beautiful folks you!!!!

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 11803

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by saboracuva View Post
Alright, I'll run down my problem and hopefully someone can help. I have looked at all of the threads and none have helped me . I am however, very confident one of you guys!!!

Alright, when I Updated to 4.3, I decided that I wanted to go to Cyanogenmod instead of the touchwiz from samsung. I had previously done it with my s3 and everything went well!! So I decided to give it a go. From the moment I tried to root my phone, a notification would pop up on my phone saying "Security information An application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. This attempt has been blocked."

It doesnt matter what method I use (mottochoper, terminal, mac, pc) I always get the same message and everything stops and whatever program I use tells me it couldn't finish.
And please, you have posted this question twice, the Mods will get on you for multiple posts of the same issue....so do not post this again.

I have a macbook, I tried uninstalling kies, rebooting my s4/mac, everything!! Nothing works because of this message.

I unchecked the box that allowed know to be activated under security, but it keeps happening!!!

I can't root my phone, and it makes me sad very sad ((( The closest I've come to rooting my phone was with the mac Cyanogenmod installer. It almost worked! But then, the security thing.

I have a Galaxy s4 from at&t, running 4.3, a macbook running 10.9, a bagged lunched I prepared for myself that could be yours, and internet access of course.

What rom are you talking about? You can either delete all know related files in the system/app dir or freeze the files using TB backup.

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 584

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by saboracuva View Post

If you're running the stock 4.3 OTA, then you can't run cyanogenmod or any AOSP ROM first of all. Second, if you do have the 4.3 MK2 system, you need to either use Saferoot or Kingo ROOT. If neither of those work, use the third post in ted77's update.zip thread to flash back to entirely stock without the security updates (it will erase data and internal sd) and then root.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

saboracuva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
If you're running the stock 4.3 OTA, then you can't run cyanogenmod or any AOSP ROM first of all. Second, if you do have the 4.3 MK2 system, you need to either use Saferoot or Kingo ROOT. If neither of those work, use the third post in ted77's update.zip thread to flash back to entirely stock without the security updates (it will erase data and internal sd) and then root.
Ok, i will try that, thank you so much!!!