[Q] Confused about ability to flash second recovery

OP HardOnChairs

22nd January 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bakersfield, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
This post says that any Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with software after 8.3.0 cannot have a second recovery flashed. But the top sticky on the Dev board says it's for 8.4.6 (my software). Am I missing something? Can I flash it or not? It seems to be tricky either way, but I can't tell if I am even supposed to be able to.
22nd January 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 424

1,742 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardOnChairs

This post says that any Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with software after 8.3.0 cannot have a second recovery flashed. But the top sticky on the Dev board says it's for 8.4.6 (my software). Am I missing something? Can I flash it or not? It seems to be tricky either way, but I can't tell if I am even supposed to be able to.

8.3.0 is when the exploit was patched. 8.4.6 what you need if you're firmware is 8.4.6 to do the mod so there is a match. You will use the stack override and the 7.2.3 bootloader to make sure the exploit takes place on a bootloader that had not yet been patched. Make sure to drag and drop a ROM on your SD card first just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread