Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anyone recently have their rezound replaced ?

OP artursirbe

22nd January 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have had my rezound for almost a year but today was its last day of faithful service. I dropped it on concrete from few feet high on a ladder while working on my house. Well now the screen is unusable but the phone powers on. I went the replacement route and called Verizon to put in a claim. I was told to just go to my nearest Verizon store and they would give me a new replacement on the spot after i paid the deductible of 99$. The insurance (esecuritel) people also said that if I wanted them to send a phone they would be sending me a refurb in 2-5. I decided to just take the Verizon store route. So my question is what is the likely hood that the verizon store will still have any rezounds in stock? from what i've gathered from this site Rezounds have been phased out and are no longer offered or even put on the showroom floor?

Thanks
also please bare with me this is my first post and english is not my first language
22nd January 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 543

1,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artursirbe

I have had my rezound for almost a year but today was its last day of faithful service. I dropped it on concrete from few feet high on a ladder while working on my house. Well now the screen is unusable but the phone powers on. I went the replacement route and called Verizon to put in a claim. I was told to just go to my nearest Verizon store and they would give me a new replacement on the spot after i paid the deductible of 99$. The insurance (esecuritel) people also said that if I wanted them to send a phone they would be sending me a refurb in 2-5. I decided to just take the Verizon store route. So my question is what is the likely hood that the verizon store will still have any rezounds in stock? from what i've gathered from this site Rezounds have been phased out and are no longer offered or even put on the showroom floor?

Thanks
also please bare with me this is my first post and english is not my first language

The chance a store will have a Rezound is near 0%... I can't imagine any corporate store having any at all.

I never heard of Verizon corporate using anything but Asurion for insurance... And never replacing them under insurance at a store, its a different company. Not saying i know everything, but very odd.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin

The chance a store will have a Rezound is near 0%... I can't imagine any corporate store having any at all.

I never heard of Verizon corporate using anything but Asurion for insurance... And never replacing them under insurance at a store, its a different company. Not saying i know everything, but very odd.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

yes that's what i though but my insurance is through a company called esecuritel tech protect. the Verizon rep told me it was a third party insurance provider. I was signed up for their insurance when i got my phone at a verizon store so I am not under asurion protection. when i called the claim in I was given a claim id and told to go into the store and give them the id. they would take care of it from there at the location. the rep said the store would be able to provide a rezound or a similar model phone if they are out. i will find out what the deal is when I make it to the store i guess.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread