Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trying to get a rom for MF3

Tip us?

aermis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Trying to get a rom for MF3

Hi guys, fairly new to Android, been an iPhone user for a very long time. Didn't like it, but they were always JB. I got the S4 and was hoping to get it in a custom rom since all this AT&T jargon is annoying. Not to mention the slow stock apps and useless apps.

Heres my phone specs.

ANDROID VERSION: 4.2.2
MODEL: SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
BASE BAND VERSION: I337UCUAMF3
BUILD NUMBER: JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3

It's an MF3 to the max I believe. And as far as I have seen, there is no option for it using any AOSP roms or any roms that use the 4.4. roms.

I may be wrong and was wondering what my options are for custom roms? I would like to go cyagen or google, but it seems I may be out of luck with either. I can't find help on the forums since most people claim they got a rom, while many others claim its impossible, while others have bricked phones. I dont even know which recover to use.

My phone is rooted, I have clockwork.

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 583

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aermis View Post
Hi guys, fairly new to Android, been an iPhone user for a very long time. Didn't like it, but they were always JB. I got the S4 and was hoping to get it in a custom rom since all this AT&T jargon is annoying. Not to mention the slow stock apps and useless apps.

Heres my phone specs.

ANDROID VERSION: 4.2.2
MODEL: SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
BASE BAND VERSION: I337UCUAMF3
BUILD NUMBER: JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3

It's an MF3 to the max I believe. And as far as I have seen, there is no option for it using any AOSP roms or any roms that use the 4.4. roms.

I may be wrong and was wondering what my options are for custom roms? I would like to go cyagen or google, but it seems I may be out of luck with either. I can't find help on the forums since most people claim they got a rom, while many others claim its impossible, while others have bricked phones. I dont even know which recover to use.

My phone is rooted, I have clockwork.
Unless you can boot into clockwork, you don't have it. Chances are your recovery is broken at the moment. Your only option on MF3 is to use Safestrap, and if you stay on MF3 then you can use a 4.2.2 Google Edition ROM but that's the most you'll get besides other touchwiz. Otherwise, if you do have clockwork then you're either still on MDL with an MF3 ROM or on a different model. There's plenty of threads with information.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aermis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Unless you can boot into clockwork, you don't have it. Chances are your recovery is broken at the moment. Your only option on MF3 is to use Safestrap, and if you stay on MF3 then you can use a 4.2.2 Google Edition ROM but that's the most you'll get besides other touchwiz. Otherwise, if you do have clockwork then you're either still on MDL with an MF3 ROM or on a different model. There's plenty of threads with information.
Awesome. Thank you for the information. You may be right with the Clockwork being broken. I do get into the boot load but I don't think I got a recovery. OK so my best options are a 4.2.2 google edition rom. How about with cyogen? If you can point me to the proper forums I'd gladly stop annoying you lol. I'm sorry for being difficult. It's hard for me to dig for information correctly.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3037
Keep Digging. You have a lot to learn. Read up on what you can and can not do on mf3. Look for safestrap
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brooklynsour
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 67
Mf3 shostock v2.3 was good... Try rooted stock with the wanam clean up w.e apps you don't need... Regardless its only TW and I'm holding off updating faithfully

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Brooklynsour For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1678
you won't be able to use cyanogen, it's aosp

and you will have to use the recovery that comes with safestrap--no custom recoveries or kernels

you can, i believe update to mk2 and with latest Safestrap 3.7? and use 4.3 roms. not expert on SafeStrap as I don't need it, so not 100% on that

first step is getting recovery back
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aermis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Everyone thanks a lot for the replies. I will look into all that was said and see what my best options are. Whether to update to mk2 and get 4.3 roms but risk the update or keep mf3 and hope for some custom recoveries.