XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap and Tmobile?

Tip us?

djtheraven
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Default Safestrap and Tmobile?

Can we use safestrap on our phone and then can I flash any tmo rom on the rom slots as normal?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
USA T-Mobile Samsung Note 3 SM-N700T
SinLess Rom 2.1.3
Colonel-X 15.1
TWRP 2.7.0.0

apacseven
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Yes, I understand safestrap for hlteatt to work well on hltetmo. Search the forum for more info.

djtheraven
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
I looked and I can't find any info on tmo... But I was curious if anyone is using it. ..

SinLess Rom 2.1.3
Colonel-X 15.1
TWRP 2.7.0.0

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 8674

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheraven View Post
I looked and I can't find any info on tmo... But I was curious if anyone is using it. ..

Why would you need it, your device is bootloader unlocked, if you attempt to use this on an unlocked bootloader, this could possibly brick your phone, as it patches a bypass to the bootloader...no, this would not be wise...be careful..

Good luck.

djtheraven
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman View Post
Why would you need it, your device is bootloader unlocked, if you attempt to use this on an unlocked bootloader, this could possibly brick your phone, as it patches a bypass to the bootloader...no, this would not be wise...be careful..

Good luck.
I just don't want to trip knox. ... And it's Kool to flash 4 roms to one phone to play around with. .. But yeah I don't want to brick it. .. If someone had used this successfully on this phone I would like to know. ..If not I hope they do something like this for ours. ...

SinLess Rom 2.1.3
Colonel-X 15.1
TWRP 2.7.0.0

apacseven
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
I just don't want to trip knox. ... And it's Kool to flash 4 roms to one phone to play around with. .. But yeah I don't want to brick it. .. If someone had used this successfully on this phone I would like to know. ..If not I hope they do something like this for ours. ...
I guess I wasnt very clear before. Several people have already used safestrap on this device (T-mobile note 3/hltetmo) without any apparent issues. All I did just now was type safestrap into the search box on the main page of the hltetmo page and this thread appeared.
The Following User Says Thank You to apacseven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djtheraven
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Thanx only thing is you can't really flash anything tmo right now. .. And no asop... I'll wait till they expand. ..

SinLess Rom 2.1.3
Colonel-X 15.1
TWRP 2.7.0.0

apacseven
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Thanx only thing is you can't really flash anything tmo right now. .. And no asop... I'll wait till they expand.
I think what he was getting at is that you can flash AOSP ROMs, however since they contain a custom kernel it will trip KNOX. So if you are trying to avoid that, then no AOSP.