Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help needed partitioning an sd card

Tip us?

CCXAlex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Help needed partitioning an sd card

Hey guys, im trying to partition a microsd card (2gb, samsung), into FAT and ext4 for use with link2sd, using Minitool Partiticion Wizard.
Now, the Fat partition turns out well, but the ext4 one keeps ending up like unpartitioned space.
I tried formating into ext2, ext3, linux swap, change size, cluster size, no result. The only file sistem thats succesfuly is FAT, FAT32, NTFS.
Thanks in advance!

appman1234
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCXAlex View Post
Hey guys, im trying to partition a microsd card (2gb, samsung), into FAT and ext4 for use with link2sd, using Minitool Partiticion Wizard.
Now, the Fat partition turns out well, but the ext4 one keeps ending up like unpartitioned space.
I tried formating into ext2, ext3, linux swap, change size, cluster size, no result. The only file sistem thats succesfuly is FAT, FAT32, NTFS.
Thanks in advance!
Have u choose "primary" for the ext4 partition? Lots of tutorial available, just google it.
The Following User Says Thank You to appman1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CCXAlex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by appman1234 View Post
Have u choose "primary" for the ext4 partition? Lots of tutorial available, just google it.
Yes, i chosed primary for the both partitions.
Anyway i kinnda fixed it, i chosed FAT for both partitions then i formated the second one from fat into ext4 and it seems to work for now.