Help needed partitioning an sd card

OP CCXAlex

20th January 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tandarei
Thanks Meter: 7

28 posts
More
Hey guys, im trying to partition a microsd card (2gb, samsung), into FAT and ext4 for use with link2sd, using Minitool Partiticion Wizard.
Now, the Fat partition turns out well, but the ext4 one keeps ending up like unpartitioned space.
I tried formating into ext2, ext3, linux swap, change size, cluster size, no result. The only file sistem thats succesfuly is FAT, FAT32, NTFS.
Thanks in advance!
21st January 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 63

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCXAlex

Hey guys, im trying to partition a microsd card (2gb, samsung), into FAT and ext4 for use with link2sd, using Minitool Partiticion Wizard.
Now, the Fat partition turns out well, but the ext4 one keeps ending up like unpartitioned space.
I tried formating into ext2, ext3, linux swap, change size, cluster size, no result. The only file sistem thats succesfuly is FAT, FAT32, NTFS.
Thanks in advance!

Have u choose "primary" for the ext4 partition? Lots of tutorial available, just google it.
The Following User Says Thank You to appman1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tandarei
Thanks Meter: 7

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appman1234

Have u choose "primary" for the ext4 partition? Lots of tutorial available, just google it.

Yes, i chosed primary for the both partitions.
Anyway i kinnda fixed it, i chosed FAT for both partitions then i formated the second one from fat into ext4 and it seems to work for now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread