Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] TWRP to CWM

OP electrojas

5th January 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Dakota
Thanks Meter: 45

220 posts
More
I did read the "similar threads" and read them.
I am wondering If I wanted to replace TWRP with CWM what is the exact process. Also is there a way to have a dual recovery so you can choose which one you want to use?
5th January 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag New Westminster
Thanks Meter: 147

392 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrojas

I did read the "similar threads" and read them.
I am wondering If I wanted to replace TWRP with CWM what is the exact process. Also is there a way to have a dual recovery so you can choose which one you want to use?

You can over write TWRP with CWM by flashing CWM with ROM Manager. Or Terminal Emulator. You can not use 2 at the same time because recovery resides in a specific memory slot that can only contain 1. There is nothing stopping you from quickly flashing back to whichever recovery you want though. These instructions will show you a way to switch back and forth at will. It works for both TWRP and CWM. You just need the appropriate recovery.img. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2170635
The Following User Says Thank You to BCSC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Dakota
Thanks Meter: 45

220 posts
More
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSC

You can over write TWRP with CWM by flashing CWM with ROM Manager. Or Terminal Emulator. You can not use 2 at the same time because recovery resides in a specific memory slot that can only contain 1. There is nothing stopping you from quickly flashing back to whichever recovery you want though. These instructions will show you a way to switch back and forth at will. It works for both TWRP and CWM. You just need the appropriate recovery.img. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2170635

This is exactly the information that I have been wondering. Thanks for the quick reply and link. Peace.
5th January 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag New Westminster

392 posts
More
Keep in mind that backups are specific to the recovery that they are done with. If you backup with CWM you must restore with it also. If your latest is with CWM and then you funk your phone up, TWRP will not help you restore unless you can find a flashable CWM.
21st January 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Talking Another option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSC

I keep flashing CWM with ROM Manager but TWRP still shows up on my Recovery, and i'm not confident enough to use the Terminal Emulator option. Is there another way to go?
21st January 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #6  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 871

3,027 posts
More
Flash CWM from TWRP. Just make sure you find a version of CWM that is flashable.

Here is a link to the tar version of Philz that I use: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A..._Edition/d2att
22nd January 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #7  
Flag New Westminster

392 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloScalon

I keep flashing CWM with ROM Manager but TWRP still shows up on my Recovery, and i'm not confident enough to use the Terminal Emulator option. Is there another way to go?

The terminal method is quite simple and a guarantee to work. You only have to type exactly what you see in the instruction. I understand you may be nervous about using codes to change the inner workings of the ROzm but believe me as long as you type it correctly its not possible for something to go wrong.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread