Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,314 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP to CWM

Tip us?

electrojas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] TWRP to CWM

I did read the "similar threads" and read them.
I am wondering If I wanted to replace TWRP with CWM what is the exact process. Also is there a way to have a dual recovery so you can choose which one you want to use?

BCSC
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrojas View Post
I did read the "similar threads" and read them.
I am wondering If I wanted to replace TWRP with CWM what is the exact process. Also is there a way to have a dual recovery so you can choose which one you want to use?
You can over write TWRP with CWM by flashing CWM with ROM Manager. Or Terminal Emulator. You can not use 2 at the same time because recovery resides in a specific memory slot that can only contain 1. There is nothing stopping you from quickly flashing back to whichever recovery you want though. These instructions will show you a way to switch back and forth at will. It works for both TWRP and CWM. You just need the appropriate recovery.img. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2170635
Flashing ROMs - 60% of the time, it works every time!

/_-------------------------There it is. Go on and click it.
The Following User Says Thank You to BCSC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

electrojas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSC View Post
You can over write TWRP with CWM by flashing CWM with ROM Manager. Or Terminal Emulator. You can not use 2 at the same time because recovery resides in a specific memory slot that can only contain 1. There is nothing stopping you from quickly flashing back to whichever recovery you want though. These instructions will show you a way to switch back and forth at will. It works for both TWRP and CWM. You just need the appropriate recovery.img. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2170635
This is exactly the information that I have been wondering. Thanks for the quick reply and link. Peace.
The secret to getting ahead is getting started. The secret to getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.

BCSC
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Keep in mind that backups are specific to the recovery that they are done with. If you backup with CWM you must restore with it also. If your latest is with CWM and then you funk your phone up, TWRP will not help you restore unless you can find a flashable CWM.

PauloScalon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Another option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSC View Post
I keep flashing CWM with ROM Manager but TWRP still shows up on my Recovery, and i'm not confident enough to use the Terminal Emulator option. Is there another way to go?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Flash CWM from TWRP. Just make sure you find a version of CWM that is flashable.

Here is a link to the tar version of Philz that I use: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A..._Edition/d2att

BCSC
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloScalon View Post
I keep flashing CWM with ROM Manager but TWRP still shows up on my Recovery, and i'm not confident enough to use the Terminal Emulator option. Is there another way to go?
The terminal method is quite simple and a guarantee to work. You only have to type exactly what you see in the instruction. I understand you may be nervous about using codes to change the inner workings of the ROzm but believe me as long as you type it correctly its not possible for something to go wrong.