Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magnetic charging dock not working

Tip us?

CaptainKorhonen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug Magnetic charging dock not working

My charging dock doesn't seem to be working. It's the original one that came in the box with the Z1. The phone does recognize the dock as it automatically opens the photo slideshow thingy and switches to landscape mode, but it's not getting any power through the dock. I've tried plugging the dock into many different wall adapters, including the original one, but it still refuses to charge.

Is the dock broken in some way or is it the phone's connectors that are causing this? I only got the phone a few weeks back and I don't understand why it's doing this. The dock wouldn't charge it even the first time I tried it, and that was just an hour or two after unboxing.

~CK

Celeron787
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Not sure if this is a related issue, but when I use the magnetic charger, it charged the phone relatively quickly the first time I attached the cable. Subsequent charging after that seems to be significantly slower (takes more than 6 hours to reach 100%).
Something wrong with the cable or the connection?

LotoTutu
Old
(Last edited by LotoTutu; 20th January 2014 at 10:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Smile Try the other magnetic charger

You can use a magnetic charging cable to test that is the dock broken or are the phone's connectors broken.

meyourchum
Old
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Genuine Sony Dock - DK 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKorhonen View Post
My charging dock doesn't seem to be working. It's the original one that came in the box with the Z1. The phone does recognize the dock as it automatically opens the photo slideshow thingy and switches to landscape mode, but it's not getting any power through the dock. I've tried plugging the dock into many different wall adapters, including the original one, but it still refuses to charge.

Is the dock broken in some way or is it the phone's connectors that are causing this? I only got the phone a few weeks back and I don't understand why it's doing this. The dock wouldn't charge it even the first time I tried it, and that was just an hour or two after unboxing.

~CK
First of all ensure that the copper connectors in the dock as well as on the side of the phone are in contact when you place the phone in the dock.
I too have purchased a genuine Sony Dock - DK 31 from Hong Kong as it is still not available in India. At first I too had the same issue of not getting any power through the dock. But I dis- assembled it to take out the cable and directly connected it to the phone. Great ... it was then working fine. So i re-assembled it back to normal and now it is working great. But at times i have to try 2-3 times to get the contact alignment right when placing the phone in the dock.

IMAGE COURTESY : XperiaBlog
Find more info Here ...
http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/24...cable-instead/

Cable can be removed from the dock by simply removing two screws from the bottom of the dock

Yeah ... Genuine Sony Magnetic Charging Cable EC 21

Connect and See

dr a N g

The Following User Says Thank You to meyourchum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trovatrice
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Using the very same cable... In settings and the status bar it shows that it's charging, but very slowly. After an hour or so, even asleep, I get a message that the phone is discharging faster than it's charging.

schickel
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by trovatrice View Post
Using the very same cable... In settings and the status bar it shows that it's charging, but very slowly. After an hour or so, even asleep, I get a message that the phone is discharging faster than it's charging.
I have the same issue. The 1st time it was ok, but now after 3 hours nothing happens. This seems to be a very good crap
Moj ujak je jednom rekao: "Kad sam bio mali, kakio sam. Sada serem!" - Kako se stvari mjenjaju....

Sony XPERIA Z1 ParanoidAndroid 4.6-BETA1 / Nexus 7 (2013) ParanoidAndroid 4.6-BETA1
Sony XPERIA S (LT26i niaboc79 eXistenZ Ultra 1.3.5)
Acer Liquid E
Sony Ericsson K800i
iPhone 4
HTC Touch Diamond
Sony Ericsson K800i
LG KG800 chocolate
Siemens S65
Siemens C25
Alcatel One Touch Easy
The Following User Says Thank You to schickel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]