Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Magnetic charging dock not working

OP CaptainKorhonen

12th January 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
My charging dock doesn't seem to be working. It's the original one that came in the box with the Z1. The phone does recognize the dock as it automatically opens the photo slideshow thingy and switches to landscape mode, but it's not getting any power through the dock. I've tried plugging the dock into many different wall adapters, including the original one, but it still refuses to charge.

Is the dock broken in some way or is it the phone's connectors that are causing this? I only got the phone a few weeks back and I don't understand why it's doing this. The dock wouldn't charge it even the first time I tried it, and that was just an hour or two after unboxing.

~CK
18th January 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
Not sure if this is a related issue, but when I use the magnetic charger, it charged the phone relatively quickly the first time I attached the cable. Subsequent charging after that seems to be significantly slower (takes more than 6 hours to reach 100%).
Something wrong with the cable or the connection?
20th January 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 24

132 posts
Smile Try the other magnetic charger
You can use a magnetic charging cable to test that is the dock broken or are the phone's connectors broken.
Last edited by LotoTutu; 20th January 2014 at 10:21 AM.
21st January 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag TRIVANDRUM
Thanks Meter: 195

126 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Genuine Sony Dock - DK 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKorhonen

My charging dock doesn't seem to be working. It's the original one that came in the box with the Z1. The phone does recognize the dock as it automatically opens the photo slideshow thingy and switches to landscape mode, but it's not getting any power through the dock. I've tried plugging the dock into many different wall adapters, including the original one, but it still refuses to charge.

Is the dock broken in some way or is it the phone's connectors that are causing this? I only got the phone a few weeks back and I don't understand why it's doing this. The dock wouldn't charge it even the first time I tried it, and that was just an hour or two after unboxing.

~CK

First of all ensure that the copper connectors in the dock as well as on the side of the phone are in contact when you place the phone in the dock.
I too have purchased a genuine Sony Dock - DK 31 from Hong Kong as it is still not available in India. At first I too had the same issue of not getting any power through the dock. But I dis- assembled it to take out the cable and directly connected it to the phone. Great ... it was then working fine. So i re-assembled it back to normal and now it is working great. But at times i have to try 2-3 times to get the contact alignment right when placing the phone in the dock.

IMAGE COURTESY : XperiaBlog
Find more info Here ...
http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/24...cable-instead/

Cable can be removed from the dock by simply removing two screws from the bottom of the dock

Yeah ... Genuine Sony Magnetic Charging Cable EC 21

Connect and See

The Following User Says Thank You to meyourchum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

56 posts
More
Using the very same cable... In settings and the status bar it shows that it's charging, but very slowly. After an hour or so, even asleep, I get a message that the phone is discharging faster than it's charging.
22nd January 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #6  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 221

547 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trovatrice

Using the very same cable... In settings and the status bar it shows that it's charging, but very slowly. After an hour or so, even asleep, I get a message that the phone is discharging faster than it's charging.

I have the same issue. The 1st time it was ok, but now after 3 hours nothing happens. This seems to be a very good crap
The Following User Says Thank You to schickel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread