Camera Problem [SOLVED]

Tip us?

bilal.fanatic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Info 2 Camera Problem [SOLVED]

Please read it carefully till end!

I recently faced a strange problem. I picked up my phone and opened the camera app to snap some shots and shockingly the camera app didnt strt. I kept pressing the icon but a black screen came and then nothing it was gone too. I was using the Sensei rom which i recently installed. I cleared the data for camera app and tried again but no luck. Then i wiped cache to see if it helped but no luck either. So i thought it was a rom problem but after trying almost all roms and kernels i was still stuck with this problem. My phone wasnt in warranty so I could do nothing. Then I read somewhere in xda about same problem and did a bit of research. So I came to know that it is a hardware issue. Most of the people recommended to claim warranty but as discussed i didnt have one...
So i searched youtube on how to disassemble HTC desire HD and found many videos. After going through all of them I grew a bit fond of the procedure and went on to try it myself...
I only had a small screw a steel nail and my nails
I opened the screws and removed the volume buttons and then came of the casing.
I then carefully took out the camera module and then firmly placed it back in. There was a click sound when i pushed it back in.
After doing That I put the casing back on , volume buttons and screws tightened .
And when I opened my camera app it worked!!
I was very glad i fixed it at home as it was my first time doing this kind of stuff.

So for all those who face similar issues look no further and do it yourself. It is really easy and i didnt even get any scratches...

Hope you guys find this useful...
Have a good day...
device: HTC Desire HD
rom: CM7.2
my works: ics looks on galaxy mini
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilal.fanatic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idanakkenissumpok
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Interesting

Desire HD cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

BigWaxx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That is a rare case. I've yet to hear something similar.