XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Video trouble

Tip us?

Dopeskwyd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Video trouble

Ever since I've had my Note 2(2 months or so), I've been getting a message popping up that says"cannot play this video right now. Stop the other video and try again" This happens in Facebook, video ads between rounds on most games, YouTube, browser, you name it. I search through running apps and can't find any video players running. It's getting damned annoying and I can't find anything by searching. Any ideas on what's going on?

I'm on Jellybeans Rom 22 4.1.2

Sent from a thing using an app

Dopeskwyd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
87 views and no opinions

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Jiggabitties
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I had this issue playing a YouTube video from a Facebook link, I cleared the cache in the YouTube app and Force Closed it, that fixed it for me.

Dopeskwyd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This is way more than YouTube. It's all video

sent from a thing using an app

JeffisGreat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Stop the other video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskwyd View Post
This is way more than YouTube. It's all video

sent from a thing using an app
I believe the issue is coming from Facebook auto-playing videos the feed.
I have been dealing with this randomly for about 4-6 weeks. This seems to occur when I scroll through my Facebook feed & someone has posted a video clip that starts to automatically play (with no sound, almost like a .gif). I notice because I seem to be able to link to youtube videos form my feed before one of these videos, but after youtube always fails to play. Tried restarting at first but now I Force Stop Facebook & Youtube works again.
Since half the youtube videos I watch originate from my Facebook feed, & I have to start my Facebook feed over from the top if I actually want to watch the video, is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I have cleared the apps, uninstalled updates & scoured the interwebs & this is the closest post I have been able to find, let alone a resolution.

SOMEBODY! ANYBODY! EVERYBODY! HELP!