Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I want VDO call for 4.4.

Tip us?

bilan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I want VDO call for 4.4.

Same this picture can help me ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phone.jpg
Views:	13543
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	2531905  

iceyhotguy
Old
(Last edited by iceyhotguy; 22nd January 2014 at 11:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilan View Post
Same this picture can help me ?
As far as I know, all AOSP/CM based ROMs don't have video calling because the codec used to compress the video in a 3G video call is heavily patented, and it would require a royalty payment for each and every device using that codec.
OEMs like Samsung, can easily afford these payments while CM, AOSP, AOKP ROMs work for free and cannot pay the licensing fee, specially not for each device CM is ported to.

If you want video calling you on 4.4, you can wait and hope that Samsung will give us official 4.4 upgrade, or you can use third-party apps like Skype, Hangout etc for video calls

P.S. it's spelled V-I-D-E-O not VDO

skpadhi79
Old
Thanks Meter 95
baring dual sim which i personally dont use, this is the single most important feature which I missed in CM roms where as it was one of THE main reason while going for grand as we in our family make a lot of theses calls during those GOLDEN SYMBIAN DAYS....i still have my E5 to fall back upon....but no regrets....I am super happy with Carbon Rom with Evolution Kernel...........its lag free and very gud battery life...........

Kepp ur fingers crossed for sammy to offer us 4.4....
The Following User Says Thank You to skpadhi79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]