5,604,050 Members 46,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to install genymotion on surface 2???

Tip us?
 
coluichepensa
Old
#1  
coluichepensa's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 149
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default how to install genymotion on surface 2???

Good morning,
I just got a new surface 2 and I would like to instal the genymotion emulator on it?
How can do it??

Many thanks for your help
Nexus S 9023
Rom: slim Bean 4.4.2
CWM 6.0.4.3

nexus 5
Rom: slim Bean 4.4.2
CWM 6.0.4.5
 
foxmeister
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 303
Posts: 3,832
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ealing
You don't.

As far as I'm aware Gene motion is x86 only.

Regards,

Dave

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
coluichepensa
Old
#3  
coluichepensa's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 149
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmeister View Post
You don't.

As far as I'm aware Gene motion is x86 only.

Regards,

Dave

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
can you suggest me an alternative?
The windows store is poor of applications and I find the tablet almost unsefull.
Nexus S 9023
Rom: slim Bean 4.4.2
CWM 6.0.4.3

nexus 5
Rom: slim Bean 4.4.2
CWM 6.0.4.5
 
foxmeister
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 303
Posts: 3,832
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ealing
Quote:
Originally Posted by coluichepensa View Post
can you suggest me an alternative?
The windows store is poor of applications and I find the tablet almost unsefull.
There isn't an alternative either.

As far as I'm aware, until there is a jailbreak for Windows RT 8.1, there is no way to install applications outside of those on the Windows Store.

Regards,

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to foxmeister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
komugi
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 220
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NYC, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmeister View Post
There isn't an alternative either.

As far as I'm aware, until there is a jailbreak for Windows RT 8.1, there is no way to install applications outside of those on the Windows Store.

Regards,

Dave
Not that there are any outside the Windows Store
 
foxmeister
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 303
Posts: 3,832
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ealing
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
Not that there are any outside the Windows Store
Apart from those Windows apps that have been recompiled for ARM and run on a jailbroken Surface!

Granted there aren't very many, and they will almost all be open source desktop applications, but they do exist.

If MS opened up the Surface so that desktop apps could be installed, you would likely see many more. For example, Google would port Chrome to RT if they could.

Regards,


Dave

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
GoodDayToDie
Old
#7  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2479
Posts: 5,310
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
There are dozens of ported applications (see the link in my signature) with more coming slowly but steadily. There are also lots of pure .NET applications, which work fine on RT once it has been jailbroken. In addition, there are a few custom-written applications for RT, the most important of which is probably @mamaich's x86 dynamic recompilation compatibility layer (sort of like Rosetta for old Macs) that allows running some (old and/or now-demand) x86 programs on RT without modification. Work on it appears to have largely stalled (although the current version is still available, and does work for some programs on RT 8.0) while the jailbreak for RT 8.1 is in development, but I'm confident it will pick up again.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.


Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
 
coluichepensa
Old
#8  
coluichepensa's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 149
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
There are dozens of ported applications (see the link in my signature) with more coming slowly but steadily. There are also lots of pure .NET applications, which work fine on RT once it has been jailbroken. In addition, there are a few custom-written applications for RT, the most important of which is probably @mamaich's x86 dynamic recompilation compatibility layer (sort of like Rosetta for old Macs) that allows running some (old and/or now-demand) x86 programs on RT without modification. Work on it appears to have largely stalled (although the current version is still available, and does work for some programs on RT 8.0) while the jailbreak for RT 8.1 is in development, but I'm confident it will pick up again.
great job but I have still wait for the jailbreak, have i?
Nexus S 9023
Rom: slim Bean 4.4.2
CWM 6.0.4.3

nexus 5
Rom: slim Bean 4.4.2
CWM 6.0.4.5
 
GoodDayToDie
Old
#9  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2479
Posts: 5,310
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Since you have 8.1, yes, you'll need to wait. Sorry...
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.


Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more