XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change cracked screen

Tip us?

{Diemex}
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Change cracked screen

My screen on my 7.7 has a few cracks on the corners and sides more towards the bezel, not really on the screen. It doesnt really bother me, the cracks have been there for about 6 months.

I have already opened the 7.7 because it took a bath and I had to change the board with the connectors to the headphone jack and power button whoch was acting up.

I have also helped a friend scratch the glas from his S3 which was completely shattered.

Now I was wondering if it might be worthwhile to change the glas on the screen, or might I damage it even more?

I googled and searched youtube but couldnt really find a guide or any info.

What approach should I take? Heating the glas up and try to lift it of? Dissolving the glue with isopropyl alcohol?
Galaxy Tab 7.7 | Note 10.1 2014 P600 | Nook Touch
[GUIDE] Speed up Note 10.1

sack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The main problem to me seems, you aren't able to get an affordable spare part. I also have a 7.7 with cracked edges, the only screens i found included digitizers and stuff which raised the costs far beyond 200USD, thus making the whole idea of fixing senseless.

Tell me if you found cheaper suppliers for only the glass part, I'd give it a try.

Sack

zyt
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If you are interested, motherboard on my tablet is broken, but display is completly fine, almost no scratches at all. You can PM me if you want ( I would like around 120)