FORUMS

Xiaomi Mi5 Specs Leaked, CyanogenMod SDK – XDA TV

CyanogenMod is going to release their own SDK! That and much more news is … more

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

(Q) how to increase internal memory

20th January 2014, 09:39 AM |#1  
rafi_android's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Shah Alam
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
hay there... anyone know how to increase galaxy y internal memory? i want to download many game... please

Sent from my Lenovo A390_ROW using xda app-developers app
 
 
20th January 2014, 10:19 AM |#2  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,866
 
More
its impossible to increase internal memory - its like a hard drive you cant make it bigger without putting a new one in

you can free up internal memory by linking apps to a 2nd ext sd partion

search how to use link2sd and create a 2nd ext partition on your sd card
the_pirate_predator
20th January 2014, 02:37 PM |#3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_android

hay there... anyone know how to increase galaxy y internal memory? i want to download many game... please

Sent from my Lenovo A390_ROW using xda app-developers app

It is impossible to increase internal memory from the phone. Instead you can borrow some from sd card.

Your phone must be rooted.

Make a second partition in your sd card and use private apps such as link2sd, app2sd, etc to move the apps to that second partition.

Also set the install location to sd card.

And then start installing the games you want.

Feel free to PM me. I will always be there to help.

Press thanks if I have helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 12:35 PM |#4  
rafi_android's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Shah Alam
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pirate_predator

It is impossible to increase internal memory from the phone. Instead you can borrow some from sd card.

Your phone must be rooted.

Make a second partition in your sd card and use private apps such as link2sd, app2sd, etc to move the apps to that second partition.

Also set the install location to sd card.

And then start installing the games you want.

Feel free to PM me. I will always be there to help.

Press thanks if I have helped you.

how to make second partition...?

Sent from my Lenovo A390_ROW using xda app-developers app
22nd January 2014, 12:37 PM |#5  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,866
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_android

how to make second partition...?

Sent from my Lenovo A390_ROW using xda app-developers app

the option is in cwm - advanced options partitions

note your sd card will be formatted
22nd January 2014, 01:37 PM |#6  
rafi_android's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Shah Alam
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pirate_predator

It is impossible to increase internal memory from the phone. Instead you can borrow some from sd card.

Your phone must be rooted.

Make a second partition in your sd card and use private apps such as link2sd, app2sd, etc to move the apps to that second partition.

Also set the install location to sd card.

And then start installing the games you want.

Feel free to PM me. I will always be there to help.

Press thanks if I have helped you.

and then? i need clear information... please someone help me... i want to install many games and apps..

Sent from my Lenovo A390_ROW using xda app-developers app
22nd January 2014, 02:16 PM |#7  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,866
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_android

and then? i need clear information... please someone help me... i want to install many games and apps..

Sent from my Lenovo A390_ROW using xda app-developers app

please use the search feature in xda - you will find all the information you need

here is one for link2sd
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614700

you can also create the partition in cwm
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes