Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Connection to Play Store

Tip us?

tholmes8291
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Default No Connection to Play Store

I got a replacement phone and had this issue after rooting/s-off. On Sense ROM's no problems. On AOSP/AOKP ROM's I get no connection to Play Store. So I ran REV3NT3CH's downgrade/upgrade guide and all went well. Flashed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and wiped all but micro sd manually 3x. Flashed Tachyon 1.2....same problem. Google sync works but no connection to Play Store. Restored Sundream ROM and it works. I'm at a total loss. Makes no sense. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP

tholmes8291
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Nobody??!

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP

acejavelin
Old
(Last edited by acejavelin; 19th January 2014 at 06:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Ummm... This ones tricky...how many devices do you have (or Google THINKS you have active) associated with your Google login? There is a limit of 10... Different ROMs in the same device can be seen as different devices in some cases.

Also, have you tried making a new Google account and trying that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

tholmes8291
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Thanks man. Just getting ready to try that. Fingers crossed

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP

tholmes8291
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Didn't work. I even added a new account and my phone won't register with google. But I do have a new gmail account that works. And the calendar and contacts sync. Play store refuses to see my phone. I'm so confused.

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes8291 View Post
Didn't work. I even added a new account and my phone won't register with google. But I do have a new gmail account that works. And the calendar and contacts sync. Play store refuses to see my phone. I'm so confused.

So just to double check, you did a factory reset, or at the very least cleared data on the Play Store app, and removed your existing Google account from the phone, then started the Play Store and nothing?

Are you restoring data via TiBu or something similar when you install these ROMs, or does it do this on a clean install?

Did you go to the Play Store on a PC and click on the Settings Cog icon in the upper right hand corner, select Settings from the drop-down, and see how many devices you have associated with your account?
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

tholmes8291
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
So just to double check, you did a factory reset, or at the very least cleared data on the Play Store app, and removed your existing Google account from the phone, then started the Play Store and nothing?

Are you restoring data via TiBu or something similar when you install these ROMs, or does it do this on a clean install?

Did you go to the Play Store on a PC and click on the Settings Cog icon in the upper right hand corner, select Settings from the drop-down, and see how many devices you have associated with your account?
Clean install, nothing restored or downloaded, cleared old devices,full manual wipe 3x, removed old Google acct and added new. Same issue. But it doesn't matter now cause I did a simple restart this morning, started to boot up, shut down.....dead. Won't power on normally or to bootloader, no charge light. Nothing. Nada. Somehow I convinced Verizon to send a replacement. Hope this one goes better! Thanks for all your help

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP

tholmes8291
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Think this was all a phone issue. Mods please delete thread.

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes8291 View Post
Think this was all a phone issue. Mods please delete thread.

Wait... What did you mean "phone issue"? What did you determine the issue and fix was?

Even if this something extremely stupid, the solution might help someone else, please share.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

tholmes8291
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
I assume so since the day after all this the phone went dead. Can't say for sure but I got my new replacement from Verizon yesterday and did the exact same rooting and s-off and I have no issues. But....the only thing I did differently was flashed Tachyon1.2 instead of EclipticRez v9 for rumrunner s-off. Could have been the issue I suppose but I know rumrunner was confirmed working with EclipticRez and I haven't seen anyone else with the same issue. Truly strange tho

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP

The Following User Says Thank You to tholmes8291 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]