No registration required

Aroma Installer problems

OP Lakoia

22nd January 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello guys,
everytime i try to flash Project Era or any Kernel, Aroma Installer quits within 10%. I dont know what i can do about it. Iam On ARHD 41.0 and TWRP 2.6.3.3.
Iam thankful for any help or tips.
22nd January 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,118

6,268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakoia

Hello guys,
everytime i try to flash Project Era or any Kernel, Aroma Installer quits within 10%. I dont know what i can do about it. Iam On ARHD 41.0 and TWRP 2.6.3.3.
Iam thankful for any help or tips.

Try wiping cache and dalvik before starting the installer, usually works for me:
"Wipe" -> "Advanced Wipe" -> select "Dalvik Cache" and "Cache" (and nothing else!!)
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

Try wiping cache and dalvik before starting the installer, usually works for me:
"Wipe" -> "Advanced Wipe" -> select "Dalvik Cache" and "Cache" (and nothing else!!)

Dont work. Still goes to 10% and then phone reboots. Tried already different recoveries like CWM and TWRP but it doesnt help. Also tried fastboot erase cache, same problem. Cant i flash kernels, etc. without aroma over ADB or something else?
22nd January 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

6,268 posts
More
Quote:

Dont work. Still goes to 10% and then phone reboots. Tried already different recoveries like CWM and TWRP but it doesnt help. Also tried fastboot erase cache, same problem. Cant i flash kernels, etc. without aroma over ADB or something else?

strange, never had that problem, and when i did, i just needed to reboot and try again and it would work. have you checked MD5 to make sure the download is not corrupt?

and you can flash a kernel, by extracting "boot.img" from the zip, and then "fastboot flash boot boot.img", but you'd still have to setup the configuration file manually (which Aroma would otherwise create for you).
22nd January 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

strange, never had that problem, and when i did, i just needed to reboot and try again and it would work. have you checked MD5 to make sure the download is not corrupt?

and you can flash a kernel, by extracting "boot.img" from the zip, and then "fastboot flash boot boot.img", but you'd still have to setup the configuration file manually (which Aroma would otherwise create for you).

checked MD5, file isnt corrupt.... a few days ago it worked and today i switched back from newest Viper Rom to ARHD and had that problem. i can install for example Romīs and Intenseblast mode from zeroinfinity, but if i try to flash a kernel or like i said Project era v12 it reboots at 10%. reflashed rom and recovery...dont help
iam getting mad about this
22nd January 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

6,268 posts
More
Quote:

checked MD5, file isnt corrupt.... a few days ago it worked and today i switched back from newest Viper Rom to ARHD and had that problem. i can install for example Romīs and Intenseblast mode from zeroinfinity, but if i try to flash a kernel or like i said Project era v12 it reboots at 10%. reflashed rom and recovery...dont help
iam getting mad about this

try dirty flashing the ROM again, and then while still in recovery (ie without rebooting) flash the kernel.
22nd January 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

try dirty flashing the ROM again, and then while still in recovery (ie without rebooting) flash the kernel.

Dir eine reason this worked. Bug thanks to you
22nd January 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

6,268 posts
More
Quote:

Dir eine reason this worked. Bug thanks to you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread