Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N900AUCUCMLG 4.4.2 KitKat

Tip us?

LordGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Yeah .. so far I'm not liking it. Having some strange issues popup every once in a while .. other than not being able to use my Spigen S-View Slim Armor any more .. appearance wise, no change at all. Having spontaneous FC's from Contacts, Settings and Messenger. Rights issues on my SD-Card !!! Found this when I tried copying a picture from one directory to another on the SD-Card, said I didn't have permission to do this !!!

My phone was NOT rooted .. all stock.

When I did the flash, I wiped everything (Data/Cache) .. even did a full Factory Reset. Re-formatted my SD-Card from within this build .. has not resolved any of the issues I've come across so far.

Worse part is, unless AT&T finally brings out a good image (yeah right) .. I'm stuck with this .. unless, I might try and see what happens when trying to go back to MJ5 for ****s and giggles.
Device: HTC One (M8)
Kernel: 3.4.0-gaabcaed
Baseband: 1.16.21331931.LA11G_20.31A.4145.02L
Build: 1.58.502.1 CL335549 release-keys

OLD Devices:
SGS 5 - Charcoal Black (exchanged for above phone)
SGN 3 - Jet Black (eBay)
SGN 2 - Titanium (eBay)
HTC One X - Grey (Brother)
SGS 4 - Red Aurora (eBay)
SGS 4 - Black Mist (exchanged for above phone)
SGN 2 - Titanium (Sold)
SGS 3 - Garnet Red (Wife)
SGS 3 - Pebble Blue (exchanged for above phone)
The Following User Says Thank You to LordGeek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faisalhtchd21
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Note 3

Has the ram been improved from 2.31 gb to 2,71?

Any bugs?
The Following User Says Thank You to faisalhtchd21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ealvinito
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Once again I've been running 4.4.2 on my ATT Note 3 since last night with no issues what so ever. Not 1 FC...nothing. I love it. I used odin with no issues. DesignGears thank you for this.
ATT Note 3 Running KitKat 4.4.2
ATT LG G2 Running KitKat 4.4.2

BlackZenith
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGeek View Post
Yeah .. so far I'm not liking it. Having some strange issues popup every once in a while .. other than not being able to use my Spigen S-View Slim Armor any more .. appearance wise, no change at all. Having spontaneous FC's from Contacts, Settings and Messenger. Rights issues on my SD-Card !!! Found this when I tried copying a picture from one directory to another on the SD-Card, said I didn't have permission to do this !!!

When I did the flash, I wiped everything (Data/Cache) .. even did a full Factory Reset. Re-formatted my SD-Card from within this build .. has not resolved any of the issues I've come across so far.

Worse part is, unless AT&T finally brings out a good image (yeah right) .. I'm stuck with this .. unless, I might try and see what happens when trying to go back to MJ5 for ****s and giggles.
Your experience seems to be pretty close to that of N9005 folks. In this thread they report:
1. No ART
2. R/W functionality to external SD card has been limited
3. 3rd party S View cases don't work
4. Current root methods trip Knox
5. No ART
6. Lower video/gaming performance
7. Limited root app support (i.e. no TB, Wanam Xposed, etc)
Note 3 + Gear 2

DirtyDroidX
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Everyone has to understand when using ODIN 99% OF THE TIME YOUR DATA GETS WIPED! Not your external data, the internal.

1) This is because you are basically installing a brand new OS, especially in this case, with bootloaders and a kernel, even if it did not wipe your data most likely it would bootloop or not even boot at all.

2) For those that care about root, I highly recommend not flashing this till a method is figured out.

2a) With root on 4.3 we have safestrap. I have broke down a couple partitions and there are more complex "selinux" integration with backup scrips and new implementation in the init.d scripts. What does this mean? Well, @Hashcode would have to pretty much have to reconfigure "Safestrap" to work. There is always a chance that it won't be possible to get it to work again also.

3) As Android progresses, we are seeing a trend with security. There is already commits to the main AOSP branch that shows these changes. IMO, it's only a matter of time before rooting is phased out on many of the OEM'S. Now, their is always going to be new exploits and different ways.

I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer", I am just trying to display my concern with carriers/manufacturers. As Android becomes more popular it's used corporately and by government agencies. So these carriers are picking up multi million dollar contracts by ensuring mobile security, in return asking manufacturers to make there products more secure. In conclusion, always wait till Dev's successfully root new firmwares before you blindly start flashing things. Also when choosing a new phone in the future do your homework on the security of the phone.

Let's hope we can work together to figure out a solution to regaining root on the newest build. We should start a development thread to start working on it together.

DirtyDroidX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

beefgoat
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I had to configure my APN to get mobile data working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to beefgoat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Walter.White
Old
(Last edited by Walter.White; 22nd January 2014 at 04:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,028

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGeek View Post

3rd party S-view cover will work now. Look for xposed module called "S-view All covers(Note 3)" under xposed repo. Once we figure out root you can install that module and you would be golden

Link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49664676

mircury
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenith View Post
Your experience seems to be pretty close to that of N9005 folks. In this thread they report:
1. No ART
2. R/W functionality to external SD card has been limited
3. 3rd party S View cases don't work
4. Current root methods trip Knox
5. No ART
6. Lower video/gaming performance
7. Limited root app support (i.e. no TB, Wanam Xposed, etc)
It's a trap.
History: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700, HTC Titan, HTC Diamond, Nexus One, SGS1 (Captivate), Samsung Infuse, Galaxy Note, ATT Galaxy Note 2, T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mircury For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iteam
Old
Thanks Meter 79
This no ART business on the leaks is fishy to me. I want ART dang it!!!

AT&T NOTE 3
SM-N900A 32GB White
X-Note 4.4.2 KitKat
32GB Class 10 SD

Rippley05
Old
Thanks Meter 475
Talk about a pointless update.

From reading this thread and the threads on the other Note 3 versions, I gather that the best way to describe Kit Kat is... "it feels snappier". That's the only change.

Thanks a ton to DG for bringing us the leak tho, dude is awesome.