XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hide battery icon in kitkat

Tip us?

nickefor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Hide battery icon in kitkat

Hello, as others have already pointed out, in android 4.4 there are no stat_sys_battery pngs in systemui.
I would like to completely hide the battery icon but without being able to find the stat_sys_battery pngs i can't find a solution to do it.

If anyone know the way to hide the icon i would really appreciate it.
Thanks

caspboy
Old
Thanks Meter 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickefor View Post
Hello, as others have already pointed out, in android 4.4 there are no stat_sys_battery pngs in systemui.
I would like to completely hide the battery icon but without being able to find the stat_sys_battery pngs i can't find a solution to do it.

If anyone know the way to hide the icon i would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Don't think its very possible to completely in 4.2+ roms, as the battery functions consist of the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk.

nickefor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
Have you tried using an Xposed module, such as GravityBox?
Yes... But when disabling it via gravitybox it disappears at first, but after a few seconds it reappears. Moreover, if i also choose a different icon from gravitybox, then i end up with two battery icons. The rom's stock one and the gravity one

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3915
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickefor View Post
Yes... But when disabling it via gravitybox it disappears at first, but after a few seconds it reappears. Moreover, if i also choose a different icon from gravitybox, then i end up with two battery icons. The rom's stock one and the gravity one
Which device are you using? There's also Wanam Kit that can do it, I think.

nickefor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
Which device are you using? There's also Wanam Kit that can do it, I think.
A galaxy s iii with cm11 temasek
I've tried wanam kit but it doesn't work... I've also edited the statusbar.xml in systemui.apk but they've changed everything in 4.4 and i can't find a solution. I've managed to hide both signal and battery icons, but i cant hide only the battery icon