FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Hide battery icon in kitkat

22nd January 2014, 12:25 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Hello, as others have already pointed out, in android 4.4 there are no stat_sys_battery pngs in systemui.
I would like to completely hide the battery icon but without being able to find the stat_sys_battery pngs i can't find a solution to do it.

If anyone know the way to hide the icon i would really appreciate it.
Thanks
 
 
22nd January 2014, 03:09 AM |#2  
caspboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, Nc
Thanks Meter: 1,075
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickefor

Hello, as others have already pointed out, in android 4.4 there are no stat_sys_battery pngs in systemui.
I would like to completely hide the battery icon but without being able to find the stat_sys_battery pngs i can't find a solution to do it.

If anyone know the way to hide the icon i would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Don't think its very possible to completely in 4.2+ roms, as the battery functions consist of the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk.
22nd January 2014, 03:44 AM |#3  
GermainZ's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 8,221
 
More
Have you tried using an Xposed module, such as GravityBox?
22nd January 2014, 09:36 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

Have you tried using an Xposed module, such as GravityBox?

Yes... But when disabling it via gravitybox it disappears at first, but after a few seconds it reappears. Moreover, if i also choose a different icon from gravitybox, then i end up with two battery icons. The rom's stock one and the gravity one
22nd January 2014, 02:24 PM |#5  
GermainZ's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 8,221
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickefor

Yes... But when disabling it via gravitybox it disappears at first, but after a few seconds it reappears. Moreover, if i also choose a different icon from gravitybox, then i end up with two battery icons. The rom's stock one and the gravity one

Which device are you using? There's also Wanam Kit that can do it, I think.
22nd January 2014, 05:02 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

Which device are you using? There's also Wanam Kit that can do it, I think.

A galaxy s iii with cm11 temasek
I've tried wanam kit but it doesn't work... I've also edited the statusbar.xml in systemui.apk but they've changed everything in 4.4 and i can't find a solution. I've managed to hide both signal and battery icons, but i cant hide only the battery icon
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes