App killer

OP Moze666

21st January 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alytus
Thanks Meter: 30

222 posts
More
Do you use some kind of apps to kill running applications? Or you think that you don't need that and you have enough battery for a day?

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium
21st January 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

259 posts
More
I don't bother, I've had no problems with battery life. I usually go 1.5d on a charge.
21st January 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #3  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
On healthy Android you should not use any Task Killer because is not needed and it's not a good solution but sometime I used Task Killer because my cooked Android didn't do well his job so I tried to help.
22nd January 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 65

727 posts
More
its usually a bad thing to use a task killer because android will have to restart alot of those services it kills which burns more battery than it saves.
The Following User Says Thank You to drksilenc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 122

811 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc

its usually a bad thing to use a task killer because android will have to restart alot of those services it kills which burns more battery than it saves.

^ That ^
The Following User Says Thank You to Don_Perrignon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #6  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 782

3,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moze666

Do you use some kind of apps to kill running applications? Or you think that you don't need that and you have enough battery for a day?

Each app has a set criteria and if you use an app killer then you are wasting your time because the app will simply restart when the app's criteria is met again.

Your best bet is to use apps like autostarts or greenify or both, as they will alter the set criteria and will actually save battery.

Been using autostarts for years, you'd be surprised to see what starts up and when.

Avoid active task killers like the plague they're all crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alytus
Thanks Meter: 30

222 posts
More
I was using autostarts on my X10, but I was rooted then and now I'm not rooted, so I will look up greenify

22nd January 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 46

259 posts
More
I have been using Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru since I last flashed 290. It's a bit vague about what it does (other than give you charge reminders and control some background data for some apps), but I can easily stretch a charge into 2d if I want to. Obviously, heavy use still tops out around 18h, but it does seem to make some improvements. Wish I knew more about what it was doing, though.
22nd January 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #9  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo

I have been using Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru since I last flashed 290. It's a bit vague about what it does (other than give you charge reminders and control some background data for some apps), but I can easily stretch a charge into 2d if I want to. Obviously, heavy use still tops out around 18h, but it does seem to make some improvements. Wish I knew more about what it was doing, though.

Exact the same experiece here!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread