Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App killer

Tip us?

Moze666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default App killer

Do you use some kind of apps to kill running applications? Or you think that you don't need that and you have enough battery for a day?

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium
Hit thanks if I helped you, but I probably didn't

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I don't bother, I've had no problems with battery life. I usually go 1.5d on a charge.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
On healthy Android you should not use any Task Killer because is not needed and it's not a good solution but sometime I used Task Killer because my cooked Android didn't do well his job so I tried to help.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

drksilenc
Old
Thanks Meter 65
its usually a bad thing to use a task killer because android will have to restart alot of those services it kills which burns more battery than it saves.
The Following User Says Thank You to drksilenc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Don_Perrignon
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
its usually a bad thing to use a task killer because android will have to restart alot of those services it kills which burns more battery than it saves.
^ That ^
Phone History

Samsung C225, Samsung T309, Nokia (¿Something?),
HTC Dash 3G, Nokia E73,
HTC MyTouch 4G, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Sony Xperia Z1s (current)

Tablet History

Nexus 7 2013 (current)
The Following User Says Thank You to Don_Perrignon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moze666 View Post
Do you use some kind of apps to kill running applications? Or you think that you don't need that and you have enough battery for a day?

Each app has a set criteria and if you use an app killer then you are wasting your time because the app will simply restart when the app's criteria is met again.

Your best bet is to use apps like autostarts or greenify or both, as they will alter the set criteria and will actually save battery.

Been using autostarts for years, you'd be surprised to see what starts up and when.

Avoid active task killers like the plague they're all crap.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moze666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I was using autostarts on my X10, but I was rooted then and now I'm not rooted, so I will look up greenify

Hit thanks if I helped you, but I probably didn't

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I have been using Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru since I last flashed 290. It's a bit vague about what it does (other than give you charge reminders and control some background data for some apps), but I can easily stretch a charge into 2d if I want to. Obviously, heavy use still tops out around 18h, but it does seem to make some improvements. Wish I knew more about what it was doing, though.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
I have been using Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru since I last flashed 290. It's a bit vague about what it does (other than give you charge reminders and control some background data for some apps), but I can easily stretch a charge into 2d if I want to. Obviously, heavy use still tops out around 18h, but it does seem to make some improvements. Wish I knew more about what it was doing, though.
Exact the same experiece here!
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4