TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] No NFC Unlock ("Skip") on 4.2.2 12.15.15 update?

OP kuz142

9th January 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 38

97 posts
I'm running stock (rooted) 4.2.2 12.15.15 software on my Maxx, which should have included NFC unlock capability with the OTA update. However, I dont have the option, and even uninstalling the skip setup app with titanium backup and reinstalling the latest version from the play store does not give me the app or the settings option. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong? Thanks!
9th January 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,328 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

I'm running stock (rooted) 4.2.2 12.15.15 software on my Maxx, which should have included NFC unlock capability with the OTA update. However, I dont have the option, and even uninstalling the skip setup app with titanium backup and reinstalling the latest version from the play store does not give me the app or the settings option. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong? Thanks!

IIRC, in order to unlock the option (on my unrooted Maxx) I just tapped the Maxx to the skip - that started the NFC unlock setup. There was not NFC unlock setup to run until you tap the phone to an NFC unlock device.
9th January 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald

IIRC, in order to unlock the option (on my unrooted Maxx) I just tapped the Maxx to the skip - that started the NFC unlock setup. There was not NFC unlock setup to run until you tap the phone to an NFC unlock device.

Wow, I feel so stupid right now.. Can't believe I didn't figure that out. Thanks so much!
22nd January 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #4  
Omaha
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

Wow, I feel so stupid right now.. Can't believe I didn't figure that out. Thanks so much!

So does the motorola skip work with the 2013 droids or just the Moto X? I can't seem to find a good clarification.
22nd January 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_Smith

So does the motorola skip work with the 2013 droids or just the Moto X? I can't seem to find a good clarification.

It should work on them all, and is on my Maxx at the moment
22nd January 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,328 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_Smith

Since the 12.15.15 update from last November, it works on the Droids as well.

See https://motorola-global-portal.custh...93/action/auth (for the Maxx clarification, but the software was the same for the Ultra and Mini.)
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread