Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 41,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with recovery

Tip us?
 
valen89
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Need help with recovery

hey guys I'm new at this and I was able to root vs98012b. I tried putting clockwork recovery on it but now wen I try to reboot into recovery the screen is just black. The back light is on but nothing happens. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
 
tdevaughn
Old
#2  
tdevaughn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,123
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Statesville NC
Bet you are using rom manager? Get flashify or freegee and install with one of those instead.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
 
valen89
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevaughn View Post
Bet you are using rom manager? Get flashify or freegee and install with one of those instead.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Yup I was OK thanks
 
valen89
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevaughn View Post
Bet you are using rom manager? Get flashify or freegee and install with one of those instead.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
I tried flashify but rebooting into recovery didn't work. Do you by any chance have a link to where I can get the flashable zip for clockwork recovery for the vs98012b for Verizon
 
tdevaughn
Old
#5  
tdevaughn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,123
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Statesville NC
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468858

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
 
simon_lefisch
Old
#6  
simon_lefisch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 320
Posts: 1,198
Join Date: Dec 2010
Search the Verizon Dev section for cwm/TWRP for 12B here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48879826

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen89 View Post
hey guys I'm new at this and I was able to root vs98012b. I tried putting clockwork recovery on it but now wen I try to reboot into recovery the screen is just black. The back light is on but nothing happens. Anyone have any idea what's going on?


Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud
 
valen89
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
Search the Verizon Dev section for cwm/TWRP for 12B here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48879826

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------





Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud
sorry to bother you again with this lol. but i have tried and i have tried. is there anyway you can send me a step by step layout of exactly wat i need to do to get this custom recovery on my lg g2 ive been looking for youtube videos but i cant seem to get it. if you can that would be awesome.
 
scram99
Old
#8  
scram99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 119
Join Date: Jul 2011
Did you try using freegee like t-dev suggested? Worked like a charm for me...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
 
valen89
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99 View Post
Did you try using freegee like t-dev suggested? Worked like a charm for me...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
but i thought that the zip files were not flashable?? i thought that meant that i have to use the computer??
 
valen89
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Oct 2010
thanks all of you for being so patient with me. i finally got it. i feel sooo dumb. lol. free gee worked like a charm. thank you all

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more