This is the process I followed. I repeated it last night just to be sure.
Recovery is TWRP 22.214.171.124. The one for CM11 kitkat.
1. I went into wipe and advanced wipe and selected Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, System, Android Secure.
2. I went into install and selected the ROM zip and installed.
3. I went into install and selected the gapps zip and installed.
4. I went into install and selected the supersu zip and installed.
5. I wiped Dalvik Cache and cache.
It then works fine till google play services auto updates.
Then I get closes in gsf.login, location and play services.
If I revert google play services it works again.