Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can you delete stock un wanted ringtones, notification and alarm sounds?

Tip us?

BioDesigner48
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Can you delete stock un wanted ringtones, notification and alarm sounds?

Probably a stupid question but just wanted to ask to be safe, and can I put my own ringtones etc if I convert them to .ogg?

Done it before on the Optimus Elite with no problems.

Thanks in advance c;

sent from my LG Optimus L9 P769 v20h
I'm on YouTube (aSuperSaiyanG0D)

maxolini
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioDesigner48 View Post
Probably a stupid question but just wanted to ask to be safe, and can I put my own ringtones etc if I convert them to .ogg?

Thanks in advance c;

I think you can, Android OS is Android OS,
I think you need to make a Ringtone folder if that is not already there

I added Custom Ringtones to my cell i have a samsung exibith 4g running CM10.1
and it can play mp3 or wav files, i dont like songs so i googled and downloaded a bunch of " classic" Ringtones
like the Motorola Brick phone and Startac ones, Some Avaya Office PBX phones ones
and some classic touch tone Home phone ones

I was looking for LOUD ringtones and indeed... the motorola classic and one of the home phone sounds are LOUD
Love em.

Just recently bought an L9... and i want to root it to install CM10.1 or try other suitable ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to maxolini For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioDesigner48 View Post

Thanks in advance c;

Yes you can. But you're not limited to .ogg format. You can use MP3's also, you'll just need an application that can accept file picker intents, like ES File Explorer, for choosing ringtones that aren't in .ogg format. Also, if you're just looking to make some free space, you can optionally just move all your ringtones, etc. to your external SD card. The system will pick them up no matter where they reside.

"The way is known to all but not all know it"
My Devices, Mods, ROMs, and Tools

Device: LG Optimus L90 LG-D415 ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED, TWRP 2.7.1.0, Stock KitKat 4.4.2
Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED, CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JellyBean 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED, CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
My Stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]