Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Casting (almost) any movie or show

Tip us?

perfctprototype
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Casting (almost) any movie or show

I downloaded Avia to see what it could do.
To my surprise it let me play any movie I had on my device.
I started wondering if I could use it as a app to open any video from any app.
I opened Showbox and selected a show. I pressed "use third party player" and selected Avia. The chromecast button still was highlighted and the show came right to my TV after a couple of seconds.
Just a cool discovery if no one found it out yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to perfctprototype For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfctprototype View Post
I downloaded Avia to see what it could do.
To my surprise it let me play any movie I had on my device.
I started wondering if I could use it as a app to open any video from any app.
Avia will cast whatever is on your device. Whether it actually plays on the Chromecast depends on if the video is in a format compatible with Chromecast. You must be lucky and all your media is compatible with Chromecast.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

perfctprototype
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Avia will cast whatever is on your device. Whether it actually plays on the Chromecast depends on if the video is in a format compatible with Chromecast. You must be lucky and all your media is compatible with Chromecast.
The movies and shows aren't on my device. They're streaming from an app to my Chromecast.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The movies and shows aren't on my device. They're streaming from an app to my Chromecast.
I got confused since you said "any video on my device" but same rules apply.
Any app that allows Share should work with Avia as long as the video is compatible and Avia can retrieve it (if it's a link).

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

wptski
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Just a cool discovery if no one found it out yet.
This has been covered in another infamous thread about ShowBox.
Nexus 10 32GB Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 ROM with KTManta kernel
Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to wptski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]